Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've just bought a gta and was wondering what I can do with the engine to get a little more poke from it ?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Not fast enough for you?

What spec car do you have?

Q2 will make it faster in the corners if it doesn't have one...

Upgrade suspension and brakes first, power last... you could remap it.

Depends what you want to spend.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can never have a fast enough car ;), I'm more of an EVO man so I'm used to boost, but the. Alfa is a nicer car to be in, its a 04 model with top spec but a standard car. How would I know if a q2 was fitted?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
You can never have a fast enough car ;), I'm more of an EVO man so I'm used to boost, but the. Alfa is a nicer car to be in, its a 04 model with top spec but a standard car. How would I know if a q2 was fitted?
point it at a corner and hit the loud pedal hard ,if you get round it fast and without fuss then chances are you have a Q2. Hit a hedge and you aint.....:p

G

·
0 Posts
As Joe said, the Q2 is a selling point, the previous owner would know if one had been fitted and would have told you about it. Most folks on here think the Q2 and suspension mods make the biggest difference to the GTAs - they make the existing power more usable. I would advise doing those first, then consider a remap. A remap won't give you a lot more power but if done right can get you power earlier and a more responsive throttle.

Welcome to the GTA fold, can we see some pics?

Also, you should check out this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/309579-spa-italia-trip-details.html

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
your welcome to a blast in mine, i've got a Q2 and FSD/Eibach setup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts