Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I'll be changing for a while yet, but what do people think is the best option to get after a 156? I am currently thinking either GT or 159, but leaning towards the 159 because of the 4 door practicality...

Also, after driving my girlfriend's Mito, the 155bhp version does seem rather tempting!

So what do you reckon? Bearing in mind I've got a long time before I need to make the decision, but always good to be thinking about the next Alfa :cool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi I have had two 156's and now onto a GT. I was considering a 159 also but a Gt came up for sale first that I was interested in so I bought that. As for being practical the GT is pretty good here, I have a small child with another on the way and I feel that with the spacious boot and reasonable room in the back it will be just fine. I also thought that this would be my last chance to own a coupe for a while. Either a 159 or Gt is a good choice.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I always thought that my next alfa would be the GT as I've loved them since I first laid eyes on them. The problem is I was behind one for a few miles recently and that drooling feeling wasn't as strong as it always has been so I'm now starting to think 159 although it would have to be a Ti.

There again I'm starting to look at prices of used Brera's now and even thinking that they look better than GT's, which I didn't think for a long time!

V

·
0 Posts
they're all good mate :D

are you buying new or second hand

anyhow why not organise yourself a fun day and test a few different alfas

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
GT would be my first choice to follow my 156, but to be honest, it depends on cicumstances, a Brera, Mito even a 147 might fit the bill at the time, thankfully it's still a few years off having to make that decision yet :)

·
Registered
26,115 Posts
My GT will be delivered next week or the week thereafter - that's the choice I made :D

Your mileage may vary - the kids are grown up and have cars of their own so it's basically mainly me, a bit of mileage with the wife (holidays, trips to visit the girls) and a tiny bit with the full four of us - suits me and seems pretty practical.
Love the looks, and I'm getting the same engine as I used to have in the 156 SW so I expect the experience to continue :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts