1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Trading in a 55 plate hyundai Coupe V6 for the above

Mainly for the economy and practicality

I love gadgets and the alfa is rather hi tech (compared to me coupe anyway)

It has the visibilty pack on it, pioneer sat nav and i think when i test drove it the words 'blue&me' popped up on the driver display, indicating to me it has bluetooth hands free although nothing is mention from the non franchise dealer

I know it has follow me home headlights which from what I understand are 'stay on a bit longer' headlights if i flick the headlight stick (yes i have used the search function to the guys who like to reply 'try a search')

It has folding mirros (if i flick a button)

visibility pack includes good auto headlights, crap auto wipers and a anti condensation thingy i dont know much about ......

I hope it has blue&me as i would like to link my iphone 4s up to it, currently unjailbroken on ios 5.0.1

I'm sure on the dash trim colour but looks a pain to change or wrap (yes I have searched again)

Got to get to grips with the crusie control and hope its easy to use as the one in the hyundai

Also the indicators were the 'wrong way round' on the hHyundai, indactors on the right hand stick, so I have that to get used to.

So if you see a guy driving a silver 159 with the wipers on, watch out as i am about to turn!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good to see you have a new toy.

I've had my 159 1.9JTDm Lusso on a 09 plate for just over a month now.

Done approx 2200 Miles since the beginning of Nov and averaged 42 Mpg. Mostly sat in a que around the M25 but had a couple of clear trips where I have got according to the trip computer got over 50.

Blue and me is good and works well in my opinion and the only problems I've had have been corrected with a phone reboot.

From what I hear getting a Iphone working for music is fun but I just use a £10 USB stick any time I want MP3's and that works fine.

As you say Auto wipers not the best.

All in all very happy and you do get people asking silly questions just to be near it.

Cruise control works well apart from there doesn't appear to be a switch on the Clutch pedal which I've had on all previous cars with Cruise Control.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i had a switch on the clutch and the brake pedal on the Hyundai

I dont use my iphone for music, i dont have the time to download all my music on to it and I have about 6 CDs to my name so I am happy with the radio, thanks for your help

I am getting 20 - 25 mpg on my car now so 40+ would make me go weak at the knees!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Re Cruise Control - there IS a switch on the clutch as well as on the brake. You perhaps need to floor the clutch (can't remember now) rather than "dab", but its there somewhere

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll check out the clutch again.

As to fuel consumption. Id did do some town work and cuing permanently caused me to be less than gental on the throttle when it cleared out getting on the motorway and that 5 miles did manage to get the MPG down to about 25Mpg.

Worth it though!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iv gone down to 10 - 15mpg on the hyundai when i have gunned it and been stop starting

Sounded great when I opened it up though

·
Registered
48 Posts
On an m-way run I get 43-45mpg doing 75/80ish.

On my commute right across the middle of Bristol I get 20-25mpg depending on how kind the traffic lights are being.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
in which case yes you'll have blue & me (bluetooth hands free) and also a usb socket in the glovebox. auto lights are very good but the auto wipers will drive you mad :lol:

you probably know all these anyway but here's a few:

the storage compartment under the armrest is air conditioned - just flick the roller switch inside it and it makes a good cubbyhole for keeping a drink or two cold

when locking your car - single blip on the fob is normal locking, double blip (accompanied by 3 flashes of the indicators) means it's deadlocked

if you ever take it abroad, you don't need beam bender stickers on your headlights - there's a slide switch at the back of the headlight housing to manually adjust aim for driving on the wrong side of the road

check out the fluid in your power steering reservoir - if it's reddy brown take it to a dealer, it should have a yellowy green fluid instead and also a newer version of the reservoir. the older version has a valve which tends to fail. it's only £60 worth of parts but if you're persistent enough they should change it all for nowt

if you notice your mpg suddenly drop like a stone for about 5-10mins then return to normal, the car has done a dpf regen. try not to stop the car whilst it's doing this - in fact give it a damn good booting if you can :D

the button on your rearview mirror which switches the tiny little green light on is your auto-dimming function for night driving - automatically dims when there is traffic with headlights on behind

if you flash your headlights after you've taken the key out of the dash it will put your 'follow me home' lights on for 30 seconds or so

loads more stuff - if only i could remember it all :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've just bought a 2007 lusso 1.9 jtdm, it has blue and me, mpg I'm getting 34 ish do third motorway rest town roads, there quite nippy once you've got out of first gear, I luv my gadgets to and at night with all the red dials feels like your in a cockpit haha, great looking car and the alfatex seats are really nice :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
when locking your car - single blip on the fob is normal locking, double blip (accompanied by 3 flashes of the indicators) means it's deadlocked

Cheers didn't know that, I know if u dim the interior lights then press it again for a couple of seconds the rev counter and the three dials black out and u get a message saying "night mode" very kit ish, where to next Michael haha

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yea my Hyundai has the auto dimming rear view mirror. Nice feature

Glad it has blue and me. As I will be in the phone a bit in the car. Looks like I will carry on reading the threads on here about blue and me with the iPhone (I have the 4s)

What's that about night mode? I can't see the point?

What the hell Is a dpf ? Glad you told
Me I would be worrying if it happened

Dead lock is a good feature my occurrence Hyundai doesn't have it

Is there anything else I can look at on the power steering as I am badly colour blind so may not be able to check the colour

·
Registered
197 Posts
I Can't overly see the point either. Possibly if they went for the full dark cockpit approach completely it would possibly be OK but leaving the bright Red Multifuntion Display on seams to confuse the point in my mind.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
tomoney - the dpf is the diesel particulate filter, most modern diesels have them. they're a pain in the erse, put there to pander to the eco menatlists and to trap soot from your exhaust. every few hundred miles (depending on your driving style/car usage) the dpf will get full of soot so the car automatically regenerates it by dumping extra fuel through the system to get the exhaust temp sky high which burns off all the soot. it just drains fuel away and they're prone to clogging up

lots of owners have had an ecu remap and had the dpf removed :thumbs:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Is there anything else I can look at on the power steering as I am badly colour blind so may not be able to check the colour
dunno really - get someone else to have a look for you, it's dead easy to see. just open the reservoir cap under the bonnet and you can see it in there and also on the little dipstick. i'm not sure what the difference is in the 2 fluids, but the old style reservoir has a non-return valve which is prone to breaking loose - this makes your steering whine like a strangled cat :lol:

it's clearly just a shite design - the newer version of the reservoir has addressed the problem :thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any differences between the two reservoirs I could slot. I'm going down on my own you see.

Hmmm. Looks like I may be weighing up dpf removal and remap. Will that still get it through the MOT?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts