Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some have bought the sunroof switch and wired it up as a boot release button, but I simply bought a Pininfarina badge and slapped that in place, I could not be doing with blanking plates in my car!

I also had some adhesive 'felt' type material lying around (bought from John Lewis) so I took the ashtray out of it's hole and lined it in this stuff and now my Nokia Sirocco phone lives there very tidily and won't get scratched by the metal bits that live there. With the remaining stuff I took the door bins off and lined those (most cars used to have lined door bins but manufacturers have since stopped this to save a couple of pence!) and so now anything I have in the pockets rattle slightly less now! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good ideas!

I think someone was also planning on wiring up the switch to folding wing mirrors, don't know if they managed it though.
Thanks!

I remember about the folding mirrors, sounded neat but a lot of effort.

Think I'd like a switch wired up to a revolving rear number plate so I could hide the plate if planning on driving fast in areas I'm not familiar with to avoid any surprise Gatso flashes! :lol:

P

·
0 Posts
I'm going to nick your ashtray idea - I already put my iPod in there :thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
A few people use the blanked out switch for a boot release.
Re-route the wiring from the glove box to a new switch in the centre consol.
Makes sense to me - at least its useful.

Also always put my phone there too. Perfect fit

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I got a new switch facing from a salvaged GTV with the sunroof switch ,even though it does not do anything it just looks better

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my phone stays in my pocket...but my bluetooth controls are hidden in there!
Try to keep my phone out of my pocket as much as poss to avoid frying my jewels :thumbs: What sort of bt controls live in there? Any pics? Been pondering going for a new car stereo with built-in bt to use with my phone...

I got a new switch facing from a salvaged GTV with the sunroof switch ,even though it does not do anything it just looks better
Nice effort, that will look 100 times better than a blanking plate! :thumbs:

Aye! We likes the badge..
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thread resurrection - because in the future people will be able to find it here more easily than in the 'What did you do' thread.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thread resurrection - because in the future people will be able to find it here more easily than in the 'What did you do' thread.

Nice idea ! Is it this one?

The other end connects to your stereo? My problem is I have an older Blaupunkt DAB head unit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pretty much exactly the same as that - yes. It is actually mounted in a hole cut into the blanking plate so it's a nice snug fit and still sits flush.
I have an alpine unit that has a remote input for USB so it will be connected to that.but you could equally hook it up so it worked as a charger or via an adaptor to your HU depending on what inputs it accepts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I added a switch to control the radio/stereo aerial going up and down. So I can turn the radio on without the aerial going up automatically. Not that I ever even use the stereo.

17.jpg

15.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
I added a switch to control the radio/stereo aerial going up and down. So I can turn the radio on without the aerial going up automatically. Not that I ever even use the stereo.

View attachment 938138

View attachment 938139
Had that idea ages ago but never got round to even start with it. The wire to the motorized antenna is going through the middle tunnel?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts