Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I joined the forum to ask for suggestions on what to do with my Alfa 147 1.9 JTD Lusso 5 dr - 2003 ( 53 Plate) Diesel Black Hatchback as I can no longer keep her due to London's upcoming ULEZ extention in Oct 21.
I have had this vehicle for 17 yrs and had numerous repairs :) but no accidents. I am thinking she might be good for parts? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,513 Posts
Hi All,
I joined the forum to ask for suggestions on what to do with my Alpha 147 1.9 JTD Lusso 5 dr - 2003 ( 53 Plate) Diesel Black Hatchback as I can no longer keep her due to London's upcoming ULEZ extention in Oct 21.
I have had this vehicle for 17 yrs and had numerous repairs :) but no accidents. I am thinking she might be good for parts? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks
Welcome to the forum (after 17 years). You will find its an Alfa not an alpha you own.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,513 Posts
Thanks! The predicted text seemed to have taken over. Now amended.
Any ideas about what to do with the vehicle?
Put it on ebay.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Obviously, I've not seen the car but inside the M25 is the best UK climate for cars. It may still be good. The issue with selling is it is down to market forces meaning that there are potential buyers or there are not. I guess eBay gives possibly best coverage but likes to take its cut of money.

Gumtree is not as good and it takes circumstance and experience to ward off the half price offer by text chancers. Thing is these people never get a good car because they only want cheap.

If people know that right now is a good time to buy older diesels due to ULEZ, you are likely fortunate. Given the small market for older Alfas, it is going to be hit or miss.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I live just outside the ULEZ-EX area. I'm keeping my (Alfa, diesel) car, and simply never going into the ULEZ-EX. F$ck 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts