Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Nout, they are both the same basic head and block.

D

·
0 Posts
Nout, they are both the same basic head and block.
Emmmm your wrong. There a Cf3 engine. And the one in the 146 is the CF2 which means it is cable thortle and has no pre cats. And a different ecu map. So there is a good bit to change really.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Should be a straight swap :)

Things like exhausts and cats and ECUs and intake are not part of the engine....... I cant think why you'd not be able to connect all these things up to the replacement engine.

The only difference I've heard of with the CF2 and CF3 that might affect it is the head gasket/compression ratio is different on the CF3.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Emmmm your wrong. There a Cf3 engine. And the one in the 146 is the CF2 which means it is cable thortle and has no pre cats. And a different ecu map. So there is a good bit to change really.

"Emmm your wrong". Are the cable throttle and the cats part of the engine?

Hense why i said that the BASIC engine is the same.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
True, but the block and head are straight swaps, you'll need to use the old inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, loom and ECU, but the rest is just a straight swap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok chaps,not a problem to change all the bits and bobs from the previous engine but i would have thought that the engine (basic) would be the same. I have heard that some of the sump covers are different, would that need changing?:confused:

D

·
0 Posts
"Emmm your wrong". Are the cable throttle and the cats part of the engine?

Hense why i said that the BASIC engine is the same.
Well they are if he doesn't know to swap em over.

True, but the block and head are straight swaps, you'll need to use the old inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, loom and ECU, but the rest is just a straight swap.
Thanks Alex man saved me all the hassle lol:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts