Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
gone from Ebay ............................. thank goodness i was thinking i would, Stourport is near me and this was tempting

saves my dilemma now

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Jezza had an Alfetta GTV V6, not a 916. He did however love the 916 when he tested it

Yeah I was aware just trying to wind him up ?

So sold already?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
gone from Ebay ............................. thank goodness i was thinking i would, Stourport is near me and this was tempting

saves my dilemma now
Same, I can walk to Stourport in half an hour... I was debating whether to pop round and see it last night...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the comments guys. I had a moment of madness but luckily came to my senses and took it off sale.

I’ve put too much time and energy in to the car too sell it, at least in the short term.

I’m going to hang on to it until my new car arrives and decide whether it’s workable to keep two toys !

On a positive note I had a list as long as your arm of people wanting it at that price.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I had a moment of madness but luckily came to my senses and took it off sale.

I’ve put too much time and energy in to the car too sell it, at least in the short term.

I’m going to hang on to it until my new car arrives and decide whether it’s workable to keep two toys !

On a positive note I had a list as long as your arm of people wanting it at that price.
Not surprised with the amount of people in the queue, I have done similar things with my V6, as soon as you posted the ad I thought you were 2.5k too low.

By far my favourite colour combo.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Well done..

It was just too cheap tbh.

After considering doing the same I have now booked it in for a rear o/s quarter panel respray ( lacquer peel) ordered two cans of yellow caliper paint and new caliper decals am going to get my new wheel bolts shortened to acomodate my 5mm hubcentric spacers.

Then in the summer a wheel refurb and off to NJS for a remap.

When in doubt double down and do more stuff..!!:smash:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Old thread revival !

I started this thread two years ago as I was in two minds whether to keep or sell the Alfa. At the time my heart ruled and I kept her, however, since then I’ve only put a handful of miles on the car.

It has been mothballed on jack stands in my dehumidified garage under the protective indoor cover for two years now !

So it’s clear I’m not going to use the Alfa sadly, my problem is to get the Alfa out the garage I have to move my other toy which is my Mustang GT and that I’m afraid to say brings a bigger smile to my face.

Therefore sadly the Alfa will be going up for sale shortly, complete with a load of parts, private plate and indoor cover etc.

The values seem to be holding up well albeit very few are for sale at present. I’m struggling at what price to pitch it at, I was thinking £7999, but I’d welcome peoples thoughts on a price.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I don’t see many people wishing to spend that sort of money during these times. 5-6K you might get a sale, it’s a lovely car. This is the dilemma I have with my cars, for what they are worth , the money in the bank is not worth the pleasure I get with working on them or looking at. I would keep it

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don’t see many people wishing to spend that sort of money during these times. 5-6K you might get a sale, it’s a lovely car. This is the dilemma I have with my cars, for what they are worth , the money in the bank is not worth the pleasure I get with working on them or looking at. I would keep it
I think you’re probably right on the values but that is the prices on Autotrader / EBay at present.

My issue is I know in my heart I won’t use the car, so there is no point in keeping it now. I’d rather sell it on and let someone else enjoy it. I’ve kept it another two + years to make sure this was the relight decision !

·
Registered
950 Posts
It’s certainly not a good time to advertise. I think it puts the buyer in a strong position when it comes to larger purchases. I can honestly see some high discounting to be going on. The same for us all if we decide to sell. I read a report saying that with houses prices due to fall, some buyers are asking for up to 30% discounts to mitigate losses. I couldn’t sell my £3500 car for under £2500 tho...

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you hope that world will get back to "normal" it look for the second garage, put the car on the special sack from which air is stepping down, and in the ones pour the place of nitrogen. As not it quickly sell, and run money through!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Good car advert! That looks a very nice example; I don't think you will have a problem selling to someone who wants a Cup-a-like, as you say issue as always is for how much, if you want the £8K then obviously longer than asking less, put it at £4K and sell it in an hour. The mileage/MoT history shows you have not done 'any' mileage in the car since you owned/refurbed, car has appreciated and you will cover your costs with some profit....time to out it.

I had mine for sale year or so ago, had a viewing, was given asking price there and then but could not let it go, do less than 1K pa in it and I rent a garage (run out of garage space) to store it in, makes no financial sense (save for it is slowly appreciating) until like this week the sun is out and I go for a drive and hear and feel the Busso.

Good thing about modern classic cars from this era is the connection and analogue feel that is missing in spades from other newer metal, all the bhp and fake rasps and crackles but a complete disconnect between driver and car....case in point for me was for instance the 4C and much of what I have driven from VAG.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If, after two years of having the Mustang, you prefer that over the GTV you are doing the right thing in getting shot of the GTV. It won’t have done the GTV any good at all to be standing for years with virtually no mileage, even in a heated garage though imo.

Good luck with the sale, although all things considered it seems little expensive to me in the current climate but who knows?

I would definitely expect a years MOT on it at that price though.

Lovely looking car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Personally I think the price is right, whether or not potential buyers are able to pay it is another matter. Having watched how much you've done with this car I wouldn't sell it for a penny less, it looks like such a well maintained and restored example. Alas, if I could be more certain of the future I'd buy it in a heartbeat, as I nearly did last time you nearly sold it!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts