Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 1750GTV headlining is in good shape but has some oily fingerprints just inside the doors (not me!) and I'd love to get rid of them but don't want to damage the glue or headlining.

Does anyone have any magic tips for gentle but effective cleaning agents? I've tried baby wipes to no avail and do have Autoglym vinyl cleaner if that is worth a shot?

Thanks,

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Alex - try some isopropyl alcohol (IPA Servisol) - put a minimal amount on a bit of kitchen towel and I do mean minimal - don't douse it. Give it a quick gentle wipe then allow the IPA to evaporate. Repeat with clean kitchen towel and IPA until the marks have gone.

This stuff is very good at removing greasy marks and it evaporates very quickly, so no time for it to eat the headlining, if used sparingly. It is clear and leaves no residue itself. Its very useful stuff to have around for a multitude of jobs.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Believe it or not WD40 is exceptional at removing this type of grease without damaging the material or leaving residue behind.

My kids managed to draw over our carpet last night with wax crayon. WD40 again shift it with gentle rubbing.

I thought t was nonsense until I tried t myself !

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the recommendations gents, I'll try some ethanol and then the WD-40, I've too heard it'll shift anything but never tried it... I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I personally wouldn't recommend any of the above. What I woulld suggest is Autosmart G101. Dilute at 20:1 in a spray bottle spray directly onto the stain, allow to soak for a couple of minutes and then wipe with a microfiber cloth. If it's really stubborn then a wet-vac (with G101) will do it easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts