Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Going to send the gta in to get some bits and bobs done theres a long list but finally got some funds to start ticking a few things off the list. To start with new sump, anti roll bar bushes,manafolds,slight leak from power stearing pipes, no a/c second fan not working.As the engine needs to come out is there anything else i should allow for just in case got plenty more to do,diff,radiator rear strut mountings,breaks, respray all to come this year. doesn't need cambelt was done by previous owner last year also what could i have powder coated that i cant get to when engine is in.

many thanks
ant

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
If engines out it would be daft not to do belts even if the tensioners are all in good condition. Get a LSD fitted f it doesnt ave one, also eibach arb kit if you can get hold fne.

Probably looking at spunking about 5k on it with that little lot above added on, maybe more if they find additional stuff to do whilst engine is out.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
If engines out it would be daft not to do belts even if the tensioners are all in good condition. Get a LSD fitted f it doesnt ave one, also eibach arb kit if you can get hold fne.

Probably looking at spunking about 5k on it with that little lot above added on, maybe more if they find additional stuff to do whilst engine is out.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks got about 3k was thinking about the eibach arb but happy to leave suspension as standard as i drive like miss daisy these days. (spinal injurrys rolled a car off a 80 ft cliff)would this still be worth doing and will it stiffen the car up much.most off it will be labour been collecting parts for a wile have 2-3k in bout 6 months todo more.

please excuses my spelling wife normally cheacks it but she carnt see this one.;-)

E

·
0 Posts
If the engine is coming out, how old is the clutch?

If your clutch isn't slipping but is heavy or feels notchy I would do this, mine was done last year along with the belts and has transformed the car. It was also found my radiator hadn't got much life left, so again worth considering checking that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
currunt clutch is on 30k feals good a lot lignter then my 2.5 v6 was ,so all good there rad is defaintly a must on it last legs.As the car is just a toy and the garage i wont to use is a 150 miles away im going to bell them and see if i can leave it with them for a few months these gta seem hard to buddget for they like there suprises.The body work can wait want to get mechanically sound first.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
ARB's totally transform the car even for driving like miss daisy....

Budget for something you aren't expecting, there is nearly always something with these things lol.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got off the phone to auttolusso bournemouth:) well happy scared my self into thinking engine needs to come out for other work and well it dose to do mainfolds wich i was going todo but only for that resone,the prices he gave me were no were nere as bad as i thought.:thumbs:Thanks for your input guys trip to mournemouth this saturday or next buzzin!!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Hello mate. Just got off the phone from Loz and we've got something for you. As you are thinking of doing the equal length pipe conversion we thought you should try out a GTA that autolusso bournemouth have already fitted one to a couple of months back.So on sat when you drop your car off he'll take you out in mine as it will be there. Hope it convinces you to go ahead with the conversion :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi joss

I carnt thank you enough you legand :wow:was already excited about going down to autolusso now im like a kid at xmas.:thumbs:loz talked about your gta & the fun he had with it,Again thanks you hope i can return the favour 1 day and bye you a pint.you might see mine down there she's no show stoper but saturday will be her first step's to becoming 1.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
No worries mate. Oh and don't worry mine isn't a show stopper. Me and Loz like to refer to it as the fast shed :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts