Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a rant as such, but an observation. ;)

So you're overseas and you've altered the time on your watch to reflect local time. At some point in the evening, you reply to the question 'what time is it?' and you say 'eight o'clock', and they say (deep breath, grrrrr!) 'eight? ah, but it's seven o'clock really'. No it is eight o'clock, as I have just told you. In fact, allow me to point you to every single time piece in the entire country - they will all say it is eight o'clock. Not seven.

It's a bit like observing the splendid weather locally and saying: 'it's warm here today, isn't it?' and being met with the response...'well, it's raining back home, so no, not really. I'm off to get my wellies'.

All good fun :)

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)

Chico? Is he now in a place that time forgot? (irrespective of time zone :))

N

·
0 Posts
Errr I always use the local time.

Otherwise you'd miss trains, planes, films at the cinema etc.

I find the the "Standby World Clock 3D" app from sony ericsson good for checking time back home. ;)

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to wait 'till Christmas for Chico time?

No one else it tapping his talents sooner than that? That's wrong, that is.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Ah.. you probably went to Australia, set your time to West Coast and then travel to East Coast.. forgetting (since GB has the same time everywhere) that the country can have 2 or more timezones. :)

Pity the poor buggers in .. Mongolia is it.. where the time in one part is 30 minutes ahead of the other part! :D

Ralf S.

S

·
0 Posts
There's always the tourists who are fascinated that Emmerdale is on the british theme pub at 8pm not 7. :mad::lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts