Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these??? ...sorry for the photo's i could go into detail but iv'e got the feeling i'm proberly the only 155 owner that dosn't know what they are :eek:

The reason i ask is because they are wired up :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marlon said:
It's the Ultrasonic sensors for the alarm, assuming you're talking about the little grills above the door ;)
Alarm.......What alarm.. I havn't heard a blip and i use the (Sometimes embarrising to use IR remote key) :)

G

·
My alarm doesn't chirp either. Lock the doors with the plipper, then unlock them with the key, When you open the door, the alarm should sound and flash the hazards ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope nothing?? Played with the small round key in the glove aswell............Think's it's fff .......gone.

G

·
Strange. Well it should have an alarm and the grill bittys are the Ultrasonic sensors. You're lucky, I didn't get the key for the glovebox doodah so hope my alarm doesn't break :eek:

G

·
no, there is a box thingy I think in the front left wing (could be wrong) that makes the sound. Mine sounds like a cat being tortured in slow-mo :eek:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All i can see is in front of the water chamber is a black box with a one way valve attached to the side........ is this it??

btw. Does the LED just to the right of the steering wheel flash when alarm is armed???

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No flashing here!!!.... I'll check some fuses and go from there ....Cheer's mate ;) ...... As for the alarm i'm sure it's not on the airfilter side :rolleyes: , I removed my filter and replaced with cone :eek: and i'm sure it not that side (After spending a whole weekend down there removing the old and fitting the new.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
put key in ignition turn it till dash lights come on , in less than 15 seconds press the bonnet switch 5 times (bonnet open :) ) the car should beep 5 times this signifies self diagnosis of alarm has started . then proceed to open each door and boot and press bonnet switch again , if each time you open something the alarm beeps then that feature is working after doing all this the alarm will be set off for about a second to test siren hope this helps. oh and it doesnt work on every car . it works on my 96 1.8 16v didnt on collywobbles 2ltr 16v :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
marlon said:
Strange. Well it should have an alarm and the grill bittys are the Ultrasonic sensors. You're lucky, I didn't get the key for the glovebox doodah so hope my alarm doesn't break :eek:
You can buy the alarm cutout switch part number 60655501 or you could just join the wires behind the switch if it does go wrong ;) ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts