Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to replace my 53 plate Punto 1.2 Active Sport, in broom yellow, in the near future.

I’ve looked at the new Grande Punto and I don’t like it one little bit. I think it’s too big and ugly, not what a Punto should be and not what I want.

I’m going to look at a Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport but I can’t really think of any other alternatives.

Can you suggest any?

Thanks in advance.

Mrs R.

:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
We just got rid of a yaris 1.3 on an 02 plate recently, great car for what it was, my mum would often leave her c class and take the yaris.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wait for the new baby Alfa!

:D

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Hold on you called the Grande Punto ugly and you're thinking of buying a Seat Ibiza.....hmmm something if very wrong here. To be honest only you can tell what to buy.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Panda 100HP, the only choice :cool:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My previous car was a punto too. Why not venture into the realms of Alfa? The Seat Ibiza is not that different in size to an Alfa 147. I certainly didn't find the difference in size a problem when I moved up and haven't regretted it one bit.
Know what you mean about there not being much in that size range to catch your eye. I considered an A Class Merc, but my local garage warned me to stay well clear. Glad I did. Have never regretted getting my bella.
Am sure you'll find a wee car that'll cry out to you "buy me" soon. Good luck - get a good 'un!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alfaholic said:
Panda 100HP, the only choice :cool:
Mrs R firstly Grande Punto ugly :rolleyes: :tut: ;)

Looks like a baby Maser :D any way that's my car :D

I'd go with Alfaholic panda 100hp small nippy handles well took one for a test before the Punto nice car :)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Too late, talk about buying on impulse. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Roswell said:
Too late, talk about buying on impulse. :rolleyes:
So what did she get then Roswell - don't keep us in suspense :lol:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Very nice :cool:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Good choice Mrs R, I've had a few Ibizas and I like them just as much as Alfas. Nothing pretentious about them, they're not trying to be a small luxury car like so many others at the moment, just a bloody good little car. Did you try a C1/107/Aygo first? They're surprisingly good fun to drive....

I do of course mean I like them NEARLY as much as Alfas :rolleyes: ahem........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts