Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

As some of you know I have a 33 Imola 1.3 fuel injected.

Finally we have another championship in our country, apart the sh**ty RALLY ALBANIA one that started 6 years ago. This other one is the initiative of Different Drive Albania (DDA), an organization created last year...Is still small but is something different and funny :D.

Well, on 5fth of July is the next race day and this time will be a lot of drag racing and track racing between the different categories that are in there...

I wanted to ask, what small and easy modifications can I do to get some extra hp (forget the ECU remap:rolleyes:, not possible for now)???

Things that I have done before the race:
-Changed oil & filters
-Fitted NGK iridium spark plugs
-cut the catalytic
-Fitted a JSV Sport Muffler (huge one:D and makes a lot of noise :tut:)
-Cleaned the injectors with ultrasound

I'm thinking to add in the tank some Octane+ made by BARDHAL, is a special additive for increasing the fuel octane and it really works:thumbs::D

So, what other ''mods'' can I do??? I really want to win this time as I have the only Alfa Romeo in my category!!! I know I have to much weight but I can't do much about it...

So what do you guys think? I need some advice!
Cheers,
Elvis

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Some simple mods to improve performance..

-Install ground cables from battery negative to various places on engine and engine bay. This will give better current to all circuits with minimum loss and more stable. Since you have ecu and injection you will have better throttle responce.

- Since it is a race car it would be better to have a Group N muffler instead of a big loud one. Group N mufflers have great backpressure that helps the engine respnse.

-Try and find a way to bring cold air to air intake. Find a hose install it in such a way that has the minimum length with maximum air volume.

-Install Champion red silicon spark cables. The are much better that factory or beru (blue) cables and you will have stronger spark with cleaner spark plugs.

All other options are much more expensive like colombo barianni , ecu, Squadra chip etc..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some simple mods to improve performance..

-Install ground cables from battery negative to various places on engine and engine bay. This will give better current to all circuits with minimum loss and more stable. Since you have ecu and injection you will have better throttle responce.
Thanks for the answer,

Any idea where exactly I can install the ground cables, any example???

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Make sure that the throttle linkage is correctly adjusted i.e. butterflies begin to open on both banks at the same time. Throttle pedal on the floor gives you just off vertical butterflies.
Change the fuel filter
Cool the underbonnet area if you cant get cold air to the inlets. Drill holes / fit vents.
Get rid of everything that you dont need in the car. spare wheel, spares, seats and take this as far as you want.

rsfruitbat

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Everyone here is talking mechanical ... how about removing some weight ?

if there is any soundproofing material, take it out and scrape it off the floors.

I'm sure you can find stuff to take out ! :)

K

·
0 Posts
Everyone here is talking mechanical ... how about removing some weight ?

if there is any soundproofing material, take it out and scrape it off the floors.

I'm sure you can find stuff to take out ! :)
very much the cheapest and easiest way to improve the power to weight ratio :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts