Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!

i am a first time alfa owner and i just bought an used 75 3.0 v6 prepare for trackdays use, now i am looking for a nice alloy wheels suit for da car!

is 17inch good for da car!?or 18 better!?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Personally, i wouldnt go bigger than 15's on a 75. I dont think biggar than that will improve the handling any, if anything i would say it might make it worse. Maybe 16's at a push.

I'm sure there'll be people who'll diagree with me, but i think they look better with period alloys!

·
Registered
429 Posts
i agree. i've had 14, 15, and 16 on a 75.
the 16's looked reallly good, but made the handling unpredictable. i'm also not sure you'd get much bigger'n that under the arches ?

stick with 14 or 15.

the 14" revolutions actually sit real nice under the arches if the car's lowered.
another thing to bear in mind, if it's a track day car, it'll eat tyres, 14's are nuch cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice looking Couger mate! And your 75's smart too, just like the one i was driving up until it was smashed in Nov! (except mine was black) Some idiot hit me from behind!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ! i just bought a set of 17 inch alloy with tyre for £450 just for road use and keep da 15inch for trackdays!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts