Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed the gt for the first time today and have found quite a few scratches and imperfections in the paint amazing what you don't see until you wash the car gat close up and have a good nose around.
It's metallic black.

looking at the detailing section i have been reading about paint correction and was wondering exactly what results i would get if i got the car detailed and paint corrected. Would all the scratches be taken out but not the chips, also have some white spots that look like overspray on the bonnet would these be removed. Have had a go at claying these today and they are still there after claying & polishing.

Recommendations in the westmids anyone, would like to have it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi,

With regards to paintwork correction, if the job is done correctly then there is no reason why the swirl marks and light scratches shouldnt be removed.

Obviously it is difficult to give you an exact appraisal of the paintwork without seeing it, but if it just the usual wash swirls and light scratches then for a detailer those shouldn't be a problem.

Alfa paint is known for being soft. When I detailed Nomad's black Brera back in January it was absolutely covered in swirls and had lost its gloss, the polish and pad combination needed was pretty light as the paintwork was very soft. The advantage to this is that the defects can be removed reasonably easy, however it is then important to follow a good wash routine once the car has been detailed otherwise you can easily put the swirls back in.

If you wanted to talk further then feel free to give me a call or drop me an email. Although I am in Surrey, I travel all round the country so I would be happy to offer up our services.

Regards,

Roy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts