Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all,

Since I bought my 147 I've been annoyed by the state of the callipers (see attached) as they look k**ckered. The brakes function fine except for the rear callipers which have become a little sticky, it involves rocking the car back and forth a few times to get them to loosen. As it's due a service next month would you ask for a normal brake service to make sure everything's in order, or is this a result of my miserly 3500-4000 miles a year?

At some point I'd like to paint them because the two-tone rust look is not all that desirable. So to fellow 147/GT owners, what colour have you painted yours? Brembo red looks good on the GT but I've seen some painted with the satin colour on the mirror surrounds. Plus, no-one seems to stock replacement callipers apart from the GTA Brembo kits and only the rears are available new from the usual suppliers.

Cheers.

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Whip them off, good clean up with a wire brush in a drill and dremmel or by hand, coat of Kurust then paint them in your desired colour, could maybe replace the seals to while they are off, got some from a company called Big Red, would be worth doing while they're off, and they will be good as new.
Can recommend the Etech high temp paint, gives a lovely finish that is easy to clean and only about a tenner a tin.

Here are some I dd earlier, not to everyones taste but look good on the car.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
As above , hammerite the smooth version offer a good range of colors to paint them.

Though any enamel paint will be fine

As for replacing them places like Ecp, gsf or any good local parts supplier can get them

·
Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the responses!

And those callipers do look good.

:thumbs

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines 2 weeks ago. I've changed the discs and pads. They look much better. There's a garage in Glasgow that will paint all four calipers for £40 that I'm considering using.

The first photo below is the before shot. The other 2 photos are with the new bits fitted. What caliper colour should I choose...?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.