Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will soon be time to part with my beloved 147 :cry:

I can't decide between a GT (JTD either Q2 or Blackline) or a Mito (Veloce TBi) :confused:
Love the looks of the GT, grabs my heart like an Alfa should but hate diesels
Love driving the Mito, reminds me (a bit) of the fun I used to have in my Sprint but doesn't do it for me in the looks department.

Further complication, my girlfriend has just passed her test, put pay to getting a V6 :mad:

So what do you think?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
GT over a MiTo any day, It still looks fantastic, its a superb shape. Re-map the diesel and fall in love :)

G

·
0 Posts
MiTo is growing on me a lot. I think they have more presence and individuality than the Giulietta. I'd be tempted by the MiTo I'm afraid, much as I love GTs.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
The GT is a looker :thumbs: with a little TLC ( suspension-remap ) it is a great car. But it's a diseasel:cry:

I discounted the Mito when we tried one of the prelaunch ones, was going to get a Giuli QV in March / April this year. Things happened got a Mito 135 in December, it is an amazing little pocket rocket. yes you are right it is a worthy successor to the Sud /Sprint/33. Small, quick agile Alfas :inlove:

·
Registered
948 Posts
GT, I can see me getting one of these at some stage.

The MiTo is alright, but I can't get on with that "Startled owl" front end, same with the Giulietta too unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
GT. Even with a derv engine, still has a good bit of soul, and I HATE diesels! So must be alright.

MiTo is fine, almost a modern 145, but I still can't get my head around those eyes.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:tut:

:lol:
Did consider that but we don't do enough miles to justify 2 cars. Also thought about an un-badged V6 and say " wow these modern diesels sound much better than they used to!" :cheese:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:tut:

:lol:
GT. Even with a derv engine, still has a good bit of soul, and I HATE diesels! So must be alright.

MiTo is fine, almost a modern 145, but I still can't get my head around those eyes.....
I know what you mean, that's what's putting me off. Like being in the Mito, hate looking at it; like being AND looking at the GT, if only the diesel didn't make that awful tractor noise

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Did consider that but we don't do enough miles to justify 2 cars. Also thought about an un-badged V6 and say " wow these modern diesels sound much better than they used to!" :cheese:
and look on the classifieds :thumbs: Red or silver ( invest in dental floss:lol:)

Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - Alfa GT 3.2 V6 2005 (05) only 47k miles - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - ROSSO RED ALFA GT V6 3.2 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all. Made my choice.......

the Mito won in the end. Just couldn't cope with the diesel noise and got a cracking Mito!!

Will post some pics once I've taken delivery

1 - 18 of 18 Posts