Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody

I'm currently restoring an 83 Sud 1.3 Ti and need new seats. I bought the car as an unfinished project ( either brave or stupid - still not sure which :D ) anyway I have a set of brown :cheese: :eek: seats but I don't fancy fitting them as they look rank. Anybody any ideas what other seats will fit straight in, somebody told me seats from a 75 will fit in :confused:

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Can't you get the original ones recovered?

·
Registered
175 Posts
sprint seats may be a little low but you can pack them up
if you go to 33 era cars the rails are an inch narrower
i think you can use the mechanism from your sud seats to make 33 seats fold forward
reuphoster/repair in your chioce of original sort of color/fabric will be most aprreciative in the long run

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent - the original seats are fairly shagged and I fancied a set of something nice.
I remember the 33 seats being narrower - how does that work the world's population is getting wider!!
I'll trawl the classifieds. thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pleae let us know how you get on & what you decide to do. I'd love to put some 147 GTA seats in mine but have no idea what it would take to get them in.........

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I fitted a set of Recaro SR seats to my Sprint many years back - great seats.

I made a mounting plate which would fit the standard Alfa seats rails. I then welded / bolted this plate to the bottom of the seats and bolted the rails to the mounting plate.

Seats fitted straight into the Sprint and were the best seats I've ever had in a car.

You could search ebay for a set of black Recaro seats that have a retro look to them - dont have to be Alfa. Many 33's, 75's and GTV's used Recaro seats as they were and still are some of the best seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts