Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says I'm looking for ideas on what to put on next.
I'm using accelera's at the mo but I'm really not diggen' them. (they were on the car when i bought it)
on my last 156 I was using uniroyle rainsport 3 and really liked them but can't find any in my size..
so whats the consensus out in Alfa Land??

Cheers
Mubz

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I'm planning on getting ultrac Sissenta 235/35/19 when I put my 19" Ti wheels onto my new 159 Ti 1.8, they are expensive though

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Various options discussed in various threads:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...er/334258-new-vredesteins-for-the-19-s-2.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/346195-tyres.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...r/323882-235-45r18-ws-245-40r18-on-159-a.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/375734-tyres.html

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/291152-tyres-for-19-alloys.html

If you do go for a different size, you should run it by your insurance company - I'm running 245/40x19s and my insurer wasn't bothered in the slightest as they didn't consider it a "performance modification", but best to play safe so they don't have a 'get out of paying' excuse should the worst happen.

.....and as a complete thread hijack, you coming to the meet at The Wheelhouse tomorrow night Mubz?

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
It will be the Riansport 2's you used to have on the 156 as the Rainsport 3 has only in the last few months been launched. I have recently fitted Rainsport 3's 245/40 19's to my Brera (19") and they are superb. They were £138 each from Camskill, then 10 quid a wheel fitting locally.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Hasn't this topic been done to death on here?
It all depends on how much you want to pay or what you're planning on doing with the car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just ordered a set of Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 - 245/40 R19 from www.Camskill.co.uk at a stupidly priced £123 each!!
thanks for all the info and advice.. Much appresiated :thumbs:

and sorry RomeoRaiderZ, I never seen the thing about the Falkirk wheel until last night, would have popped along, maybe next time!!

Mubz

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
just ordered a set of Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 - 245/40 R19 from www.Camskill.co.uk at a stupidly priced £123 each!!

and sorry RomeoRaiderZ, I never seen the thing about the Falkirk wheel until last night, would have popped along, maybe next time!!

Mubz
If I'd have seen those on offer at £123 I may just have had them as opposed to my Sessanta's just fitted --- what a very good deal !!!

·
Registered
5,962 Posts

Mubz
:mad:Bu99er! I paid £138 each in Dec!!

Let us know how you get on with them. At that price there is no need to compromise on quality for 19" tyres is there?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'll actually be selling a couple of part worn accelleras, one p zero and another that might be a nankang. They all have good tread left, only selling cos some nokian winters are going on and some others in summer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
:mad:Bu99er! I paid £138 each in Dec!!

Let us know how you get on with them. At that price there is no need to compromise on quality for 19" tyres is there?

Not at all, if i didn't go Uniroyal i was looking £160 minimum, and they seem to be getting a great write up too!!

I will do, I just hope going from 235 to 245 isn't going to throw things out to much!!

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I just hope going from 235 to 245 isn't going to throw things out to much!!
I have noticed no difference at all. (except superb grip!)

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have noticed no difference at all. (except superb grip!)
My only concern would be on the rear arch if really loaded it might caught the inner arch!! Tough wood no issues yet!

+1 regarding grip

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm liking the sound of the grip ;)
do any of you guys use satnav?
is there any difference between your speedo and satnav?
This is the first car i've owned that's pretty much bang on!!!
It only seems to be 1mph out between them both, speedo says 65 satnav says 66..

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
I've not checked that yet, I keep meaning to though.

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
My only concern would be on the rear arch if really loaded it might caught the inner arch!! Tough wood no issues yet!

+1 regarding grip
I am on my second set of 245/40/19 sessanta's and they are quite possibly the best tyre I have ever owned.

In terms of contact with the rear arch, it does happen turning sharp lefts (only on the rear right arch) if your fully loaded in the rear on my car but bear in mind I am running a Bilstein B12 kit that lowers me a fair bit and have a decent sized sub & amp enclosure in the boot ;)

I took a look last time and it was the carpeted inner arch that was sitting a bit low so I pushed it up and it seems fine since, but yes, it can happen.

PUX Feb 2013 (4 of 10)_resize.jpg Measurements-JPG.jpg

·
Registered
288 Posts
Jabawokjayuk.. with yours being lowered has it not also stiffened the movement up into the arches as well over the standard ti suspension? Def will try pushed the inner arch up :)

Guessing the big test will be when full of camping gear and the mountain bikes ;-/

1 - 20 of 39 Posts