Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the guys with the Gta's post up what power figures and what difference the remap made from the rolling road day that passed this weekend at red dot racing.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
No it's embarrasing, She is not well........

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Was 228.1bhp and 161.4 ft-lb (oh dear).
Now 245.7 bhp and174.5 ft-lb.

Thats a gain of 17.6 and 13.1.

Gains are good but I think my timing is out by a tiny bit!

Could prove expensive..........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i really dont understand why they use bhp at the flywheel and torque at the wheels?
think those results are very good mate anyways.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Good result's but from a poor start. The last white GTA in there did that too......:eek:

A good service and the timing checked coming soon.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Was 228.1bhp and 161.4 ft-lb (oh dear).
Now 245.7 bhp and174.5 ft-lb.

Thats a gain of 17.6 and 13.1.

Gains are good but I think my timing is out by a tiny bit!

Could prove expensive..........
I haven't got the graphs in front of me but from memory my car was 232.4bhp as standard and went to 257.9bhp post map. I can't remember the exact torque figures but they were around 167 ft-lb as standard and 189 ft-lb post map.

I'll try and check later and post the exact figures.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
That is pretty poor considering they are meant to have 247bhp standard!

I really need to find out what mine is running now as I am concerned. I would like to think it is about there having kept up with a few serious cars but just dont know for sure.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Mine was 252bhp standard and they were very surprised as they mostly run about 240bhp.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Was that with the Auto Delta air intake on Jim, or totally standard?
Oh, with the pipe on but I dont really rate that at all. Only better throttle response out of that with some sound;) Either way, if most of them run at 240 (mine was the best they had seen) I wouldnt have got 12 bhp from that kit. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Before: 229.2 BHP and 143.9 lb-ft

After: 262.1 BHP and 184 1 lb-ft

Said the timing was retarded and that was the problem.

That's with an AD intake and a Ragazzon exhaust (cat-back)

Like Jim, I think the AD intake is mainly noise and throttle response.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Before: 229.2 BHP and 143.9 lb-ft

After: 262.1 BHP and 184 1 lb-ft

Said the timing was retarded and that was the problem.

That's with an AD intake and a Ragazzon exhaust (cat-back)

Like Jim, I think the AD intake is mainly noise and throttle response.
how is the timing retarding? isn't it controlled by the ecu? in which case then there should be a reason why the ignition is retarding?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Do the red-dot remaps increase the rev limiter?
No. But then the rev limiter is there for a reason.
Without modifying any of the engine internals I would tend to stay away from moving the rev limiter upwards.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
No. But then the rev limiter is there for a reason.
Without modifying any of the engine internals I would tend to stay away from moving the rev limiter upwards.
They moved mine up slightly but I never go up that high. They said that on the way home that I should see where it is and to thrash it on the way home because shes still learning. I came out of the services and booted it in second and bounced it and I hated it, I could hear her screaming OUCH STOP IT :cry: ! Wont be doing it again as there is no need but I think she does around 80 in second.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I just wondered as the the Autodelta remap raises it 400rpm to 7600

80 in 2nd !! - I didn't think the ratios were very different in the GTA to the GTV?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I just wondered as the the Autodelta remap raises it 400rpm to 7600

80 in 2nd !! - I didn't think the ratios were very different in the GTA to the GTV?
God only knows, saying that I was probally in 3rd dont remember TBH :eek: just know that I wont be doing it to her again :D

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I think the rev limit is set slightly higher on mine too. The limiter used to kick in early, around 6800rpm. Defo goes above 7000rpm now although I haven't hit the limit yet.

BTW the bhp figures I quoted above were correct but the torque was 162lb-ft standard and 187.4lb-ft mapped.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts