Sorry for my bad English but is that I am Spanish.:(
What remap recommendation for this car?
Greetings and thanks.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hola!

the english is fine ;-)

i have the same car and have been put off the remap simply due to the DPF system - increased risk of blocking up.

went for steinbauer pbox instead - not fitted yet

thoughhttp://www.steinbauer.cc/neu/index.php?select_c=es

not a much power as remap but can be removed easily

marc

·
Registered
72 Posts
"i have the same car and have been put off the remap simply due to the DPF system - increased risk of blocking up. went for steinbauer pbox instead - not fitted yet "

I know this doesn't answer Roberto's question (and I don't want to pick a fight with Marc), but does anyone know for sure that a remap actually does aggravate the DPF clogging issue? I can see where the idea comes from, and indeed I've had mine demapped for now for that reason, but is there any evidence (as opposed to opinion)? Also, surely a pbox would have just the same effect on a DPF?

TIA

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Sorry for my bad English but is that I am Spanish.:(
What remap recommendation for this car?
Greetings and thanks.
Hi, I have the same engine and P-box fitted, the box is fiited in minutes, and I can only say its has not caused me any issues. The dpf re-gens a couple times a week, no more than it did before the install. The P-box also carries an engine warranty too. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I have the same engine and P-box fitted, the box is fiited in minutes, and I can only say its has not caused me any issues. The dpf re-gens a couple times a week, no more than it did before the install. The P-box also carries an engine warranty too. :)

Of 210 bhp in stock to 252 bhp now with P-box?? P-tronic?
:p

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi jbsmith1. How would you describe the power of engine with p-box ?

I m really interested about this gadget because I was told remap is not possible with DPF (well it is possible, but with very high risk of engine damage) so this seems the only option so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where does this idea of DPF clogging with remap come from? Not saying it's wrong, but I'm surprised as I'm a recent convert from peugeot/citroen HDIs - I had a 2.2 HDI with DPF, and I never came across any talk of this before. In fact, a remap on mine cured a regular anti-pollution fault...
So, is there any science behind this?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi jbsmith1. How would you describe the power of engine with p-box ?

I m really interested about this gadget because I was told remap is not possible with DPF (well it is possible, but with very high risk of engine damage) so this seems the only option so far.
hi,
In standard form these engines arn't slow! but with this box fitted it has really woken the engine up, and acceleration is much more lively! I don't do heavy throttle standing starts, but 2nd gear on wards it pulls like a train with awsome torque, It will pull a cars length on a friends 2yr old petrol 330i bmw to 70mph ish

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
"i have the same car and have been put off the remap simply due to the DPF system - increased risk of blocking up. went for steinbauer pbox instead - not fitted yet "
So what is going to be the difference then :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
When the engine blows up you can whip it off in a trice and deny all knowledge?

And get your money back on the P-box! :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:lol:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sorry but the P-Box is a lot worse for your engine/DPF then a good remap!!!

In Spain they are a lot of good tuners for diesel engines, I am sure you can get a very good remap...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
suggested a p box as its easy to get hold of in spain - but if you're only after a remap cant really help - did know a guy into remaping integrales in spain a few years ago but dont think he's still about - will email him to see

the thing which worries me regarding a remap is that the tuner tends to adjust the fueling to meet visible exhaust soot in my experience? which is the limiting factor to passing an mot opposed to ultimate power which would be venturing towards smokey

with a DPF fitted there isnt (well shouldnt be) any soot anyhow as the DPF catches it...? so how do you know if its overfuelling? Its got me baffled - i wouldnt have thought the o2 sensor would be sufficent on a diesel on its own if venturing too far away from factory settings?

Do teh tuning companies use wideband o2 sensors fitted to the exhaust? its the only way i can see it working to be honest?

RE someones comment about peugot hdi's - different DPF its a catalyst injected opposed to the heat

Warranty - yes wip off and no one knows that it was fitted. Alternatively Mangos (official alfa dealer) do a remap warrantied - but dont know who has one fitted?

from experience of boxes and remaps 210 to 250bhp is pretty realistic - that said i never trust rolling roads as they are only an indicator of change on that particular rolling road and shouldnt be used as a performance comparison gauge.... sure someone will be along to have a snipe at that comment ;-)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Bank of power:confused:
erm ok.

Just to add to the P-Box flexability, thier are dip switches under the cover to tailor the program and "trim back" any excessive exhaust smoke (if seen), and their is also a spare wire that if grounded, will switch the box off remotely, so you could run on standard ecu map for the daily commute/fuel economy etc, then have a switch for the "sport map" at the weekend. :thumbs:

James

·
Registered
11 Posts
im going to get it in about 2 weeks, I will post my experiences ;)

hi,
In standard form these engines arn't slow! but with this box fitted it has really woken the engine up, and acceleration is much more lively! I don't do heavy throttle standing starts, but 2nd gear on wards it pulls like a train with awsome torque, It will pull a cars length on a friends 2yr old petrol 330i bmw to 70mph ish.
james - you sound more convincing than the salesman @steinbauer I had on phone yesterday :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts