1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
That sort of mileage, that sort of condition, at a dealer? I'd say thats quite a fair price. GTV 6 prices are on the rise and that looks a gem.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
It's been for sale for a while, shame about the interior, If I was being critical it says they took the engine out to be cleaned detailed, doesn't look like it to me, no mention of replacing any shocks or springs, would they still be ok since 1986, the gap between the front wheel arch and tyre looks like it's been lowered or something is sagging because as standard the gap is huge, it bugs me they only did one rear caliper and not both at the same time, that said if it's as good as it looks it can command a good price but not 20k,

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
'time warp' is an unrestored car that has survived for many years in completely original factory condition.

that one has had new paint (why new paint, was it stored in a bad environment?) engine out, heads off, interior out, suspension off to be painted etc

It is, in effect, a restoration of sorts.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I wanted to buy this as in investment, even though I have the same car, but this is unmolested and as original as they come with 37000KMS, and in my preferred lhd version, I had this exact car years ago but some pikeys stole it and crushed it, I may have mentioned that already on this forum, yes I'm still bitter about it.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1113980

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I know of the dealer in the OP, they are not far from us. Several years ago they had a Series 2 spider at Goodwood Revival at silly money and it was very wrong in several areas, it sold and someone turned up at our AROC club night with it! Didnt say anything mind. On the face of it the GTV6 is the right money, but when you look into it, as those have pointed out, it may not be all it seems. Might just go and take a look.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to buy this as in investment, even though I have the same car, but this is unmolested and as original as they come with 37000KMS, and in my preferred lhd version, I had this exact car years ago but some pikeys stole it and crushed it, I may have mentioned that already on this forum, yes I'm still bitter about it.

Aaaah blimey.... my heart genuinely sank when I read that, I really feel for your loss. Why-oh-why would anyone, even a tea-leaf, steal such an irreplaceable car like a GTV :furious:? Surely they could've wandered around for a couple more minutes & chosen a more nickable / newer / faster / better (in their eyes) BMW or Merc or summat which wouldn't have been missed that much & easily replaced?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Agree with Dom, its not a "time warp" if its had a respray,
I hate it when they quote stuff like this
"performance and handling that shames most modern cars",
you don't buy old Alfa's because you think this, unless its a Sud or Sprint (handling only)
JMHO but I really don't like those RV8's, rather have a Costello

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts

Aaaah blimey.... my heart genuinely sank when I read that, I really feel for your loss. Why-oh-why would anyone, even a tea-leaf, steal such an irreplaceable car like a GTV :furious:? Surely they could've wandered around for a couple more minutes & chosen a more nickable / newer / faster / better (in their eyes) BMW or Merc or summat which wouldn't have been missed that much & easily replaced?
In those days they were lifting anything without an alarm probably scrapped 5 or 6 a day I'm still gutted all for 80 odd quid they got, I think the police caught up with them, oh and my insurance had ran out by a couple of days and I didnt want to lie about when it went missing. Oh well

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Add to that the fact that the camera does lie sometimes, and these cars will probably look even worse in the metal than they do in those pics :eek:

·
AO Detailing COTY Winner 2018
402 Posts
Yes, that crash-damaged, rusty Spider with a trashed interior and a seized engine hasn't got very much to recommend it. At least they haven't described it as an "easy restoration project"...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts