Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTV is in pretty good nick for a 10 year old car, but I was wondering whether there was any kind of preemptive work I could do to prolong its condition as much as possible?

I have seen posts about people powder coating bits under the car, suspension, rad cross member etc, or painting them with hammerite. Exactly which bits are recommended to do this to?

Any particular nooks that rust likes to attack that I can check?

I've heard of bonnet hinges seizing and shearing off. Just a case of oiling em?

Oil cooler pipes were too far gone so just had them changed for AutoLusso's kit.

Any other mods I can do to keep my GTV in top shape?

Cheers.:)

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I would recommend to paint/powder coat the supporting bracket that sits under the rad, these tent to rust!!
also fan housing,also air box clamp, all easy to get too :thumbs:

I'm currently painting calipers and wheel hubs on the GTV as these have pretty bad surface rust.

·
Vendor
46,629 Posts
Shot-blast & powdercoat your spring pans. We've scrapped loads lately, they're all going badly rotten. I kid you not in a few years time these will be like hen's teeth.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Shot-blast & powdercoat your spring pans. We've scrapped loads lately, they're all going badly rotten. I kid you not in a few years time these will be like hen's teeth.
Echo that....and they are stupidly expensive new...£300+......If I find a good one on a scrapper its happy days.....!:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Definitely going to look into this for my GTV... I don't want to have to replace them, would rather save the ones I currently have. Will be looking into getting it doing when I do my coilovers because I hate paying for labour on stuff separately!

Think I am lucky being in Australia, less likely for the underside of my car to rust away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts