Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Pretty new to the Alfa seen but hooked already, thinking about joining the Alfa owners club but didn't know how many there are or which is the best to go for, I have 156 and noticed there is even a specific 156 owners club should I just join the one club or are the benifits to being in a few?

Your thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Just become a member paying member on AO, we'l look after you :)

·
0 Posts
^^as ya can see McCoy, we don't take things too seriously here :lol:, there loads of tech help & tons of banter - Alfa related or not - jump aboard mate :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
+8

join the dark side

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Hi McCoy

Welcome to AO.....

What you join pretty much depends on what you want out of the experience, and how much time you want to spend on the computer....

Alfaowner is evolving from pretty much purely internet forum based into a club with geographical presence, though I guess some areas are more active than others. As it caters for anything Alfa - though tending to be predominantly "modern" - and as there is a large online membership - you can spend a lot of time browsing the various areas, dependent on your degree of interest...

Alfa156.net is pretty much focussed on 156 and its baby sister the 147, so inevitably has a smaller membershiop and can be a bit cliquy - tho I've found it a friendly and helpful enough place. Its starting to have a few "real-life" meets, too.....

Alfa Romeo Owners Club (AROC) is predominantly a traditional club, based around area Sections, but is developing more of an internet presence....its forum is however a much quieter place than here....AROC does produce a very professional bi-monthly magazine, and is instrumental in the organisation of most of the major Alfa-based events such as National Alfa Day, and various regional events, although Auto-Italia magazine also organise a number of good events.

Over the years there has been some "rivalry" between the various internet v traditional factions, but I'm pleased to say that there appears to be more amicable relationships emerging now.....

So - you pays your money (or don't, it's up to you:) ) and takes your choice...or be like me.....I'm an AROC member - and Section secretary, an AO member, and also on alfa156.net, 145.com, 155.org.....just a total Alfa nut:lol:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
if you wish to become a paying member of Jamz's Rusty Alfa Club, please PM me and i'll give you my paypal details:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts