Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is this guy thinking mixing and matching different bumper bars with this car. It is a metal bumper model from the 70s mixed with a GTV6 from the 80s !!

Having remembered what these cars were like brand new and to see this car the way it is now makes me scream ! AGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!:cry::rant::rant:

and what has he done to the dash ???

Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV 6 2.5 1983 For Sale (1983) on Car And Classic UK

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Bumpers look fine to me, as said above "de-rubberising" seems fine, those huge plastic ones can look wrong, although I don't know what it should look like.

Dash ? is that the stereo tacked below dials ? if so that doesn't look good.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
240 Posts
i do remember them from the day, both chrome & rubber bumpers, but to me it looks quite nice, remember it originaly had chrome bumpers (the earlier ones)!:)

·
Registered
545 Posts
For me the chrome ones are much prettier, if he changed the front grille and had a 70's colour, you'd be pushed to tell that it was an 80's car at all without looking at badging and interior.

I was close to buiying a GTV a year back, I wanted a V6 engine but with the 1970's appearance, so I looked into doing something similar, the onmyl thing that stopped me was the interior on the 80's car isn't my cup of tea, and to do an engiebn change on an oriiginal 70's 2.0 is a huge pain.

So I bought my volvo 1800s and a 98 V6 GTV instead. I will however buy another alfetta one day, but I'll leave it as a 4.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I suppose it could look like it was crashed into Hellfrauds.

Looks OK to me..... havin sed that..... it dosn't reallly do anything for me either.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Looks a bit odd if you know what you're looking at. Are those headlamps standard? They look like BMW E30 headlamps. Mind you, that's probably not a bad thing as the standard lamps are utter crap.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Looks like a old shed to me :p

Its the same age as me too :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Im with you Fred ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Meh. If he owns it then he can do what he likes with it. Paint it pink and stick a cow to the front for all it matters.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Meh. If he owns it then he can do what he likes with it. Paint it pink and stick a cow to the front for all it matters.
:lol: suppose :lol:

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep that one looks too cluttered and just basically $hite :lol:
Yeah Jim you can imagine in its day when it was brand new it was The Most Amazing Car on the road !! It had alot of impact more so than alot of new Alfas today. And its design was still new an inovative for the next 20 years onwards.

Sure its aged in 20+ years but for those who remember it the way it was this is the way it was. You cant change a classic and make it better it doesnt work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts