Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has strange noises coming from the power steering despite the fluid being full and the steering working fine and the suspension sometimes creaks despite me having replaced most of it.

Although truth be told I rarely hear any of these noises due to the exhaust on my V6. (Not because the stereo is so good ;) )

Anyone else with unexplained noises or able to explain mine?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Normally your PS should be almost silent. If there is whining, it may need bleeding, try put your wheels in lock one way then the other, should bleed the air out of the system. Otherwise, your pump may be on its way. Any foaming in the tank normally means air in the system.

There are other threads ref the groaning suspension, I think you get to like it after a while

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I think you get to like it after a while"

:cheese:

I've attempted full lock one way then t'other. I hadn't checked for foam. Thanks I'll check that tomorrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i have a wind rushing noise over 60mph from passenger area

i have high whine sound from rear left of the car,

various leather creaking noises all over!

·
Registered
22 Posts
blowing exhaust, windnoise (if i dont push passenger window under the seal) creaking rear suspension, squeaking rear suspension, pretty much the same with the front suspension, dashboard creaks first thing in the morning, oh and the gear lever squeaks and creaks, overall, i think i got a good one! :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
u had any luck with the wind noise on passenger side? my window doesnt go under, but at the front diagonal section, theres almost like a ' dent' where the window pushes to much, you think this is source of wind noise?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your window doesnt sit under the rubber seal, then this is almost certainly the cause of your windnoise, you can adjust the window to fit back under the seal by taking the doorcard off, i believe the are two fixings that can be adjusted, i keep meaning to do mine, will try to have a go this weekend.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have seen hundreds of posts on here about GTV wind noise. Mine does it too, but only at 60mph plus and (living in London) the majority of my miles are non-motorway so it is not all that much of an irritation. In fact I pretty much forget about it until I have a long motorway drive.
This link has been posted many times:
How To... Fix Wind Noise Issues on GTV/Spiders

I have been meaning to do it for a long time, but have never got round to it!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Knocking rear suspension although I've inspected most, if not all of it and even replaced the tie rods. So don't know and now that I've got used to it, I don't care...

Diesel rattle on startup, again, I know it's variator but don't care anymore and will care even less when my free flow DTM tipped Ragazzon gets here.

Wind noise from the window seal but not where it's normally found (top seal). The noise is from the bottom part of the seal. Both doors were hanging and needed the latch pin adjusted but although it did improve a lot, it's still noticeable so now, you know what? I don't care, I'll just wait , again, for the Ragazzon to drown it all out...

Creaky centre console when going over cobbles... (Two nuns in a car, one says "I haven't come this way before", the other says, "neither have I, must be the cobbles"...). Again, I don't care, should go away, you've guessed it, when the Ragazzon gets fitted!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,369 Posts
Vroom, vroom, shortly followed by screams of terror from any passenger ! :p

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes here also a lot of the above is all so familiar..! :cheese:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Knocking rear suspension although I've inspected most, if not all of it and even replaced the tie rods. So don't know and now that I've got used to it, I don't care...

Diesel rattle on startup, again, I know it's variator but don't care anymore and will care even less when my free flow DTM tipped Ragazzon gets here.

Wind noise from the window seal but not where it's normally found (top seal). The noise is from the bottom part of the seal. Both doors were hanging and needed the latch pin adjusted but although it did improve a lot, it's still noticeable so now, you know what? I don't care, I'll just wait , again, for the Ragazzon to drown it all out...

Creaky centre console when going over cobbles... (Two nuns in a car, one says "I haven't come this way before", the other says, "neither have I, must be the cobbles"...). Again, I don't care, should go away, you've guessed it, when the Ragazzon gets fitted!
I always heard they were riding push bikes. But then maybe it was another pair of nuns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts