Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the grain on the steering column moulding is like the crackle finish on a classic car.
Probably the same on a Giulia.
Different however is the reversable boot floor so you don't have to damage the carpet. And the tonneau cover blind is so light and easy to store and carry.

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the key slots into the side of the centre console cup-holder recess, as if somebody thought about it.

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The view down the bonnet past those wipers from the drivers seat is rather nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And the key slots into the side of the centre console cup-holder recess, as if somebody thought about it.
I hadn't noticed that. That's brilliant.

I only noticed today that the speed limit sign on the sat nav changes colour when you exceed the speed limit. I spent ages speeding up and slowing down to show my wife! It is in a stupid place though, who drives along staring at that sign instead of looking at the road?

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Alfa badge appearing on the 7" TFT when you enter and the dial needles pulsing with light.

Interior Aluminium trim parts on dash appear to be real aluminium, not plastic.

Looking down onto the roof, noticed it has depressed centre section/raised side sections, I guess for air channelling over the roof.

not so nice - the tactile feel of the auto box lever - just horrible, how anybody signed that off.......

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The aluminium finishers are real. We had a Faurecia sales visit where I worked and they are very proud of the wood covered option where the veneer is a fraction of a mm thick, but it’s real.
I noticed the roof section. It’s probably like that because otherwise the overall height would be excessive plus it adds to rigidity.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Looking down onto the roof, noticed it has depressed centre section/raised side sections, I guess for air channelling over the roof.

not so nice - the tactile feel of the auto box lever - just horrible, how anybody signed that off.......
The roof indent helps with aero (reduced frontal area).

The main problem with the auto box lever is a sharp edge on the black plastic piece around the top of the lever, due to how its mould is made. Would need a different mould or manual deburring, both of which were deemed not economically feasible. Fix for MY2020 is a new lever.

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who put that parting line on the front of the lever? It’s a relatively soft material but you wouldn’t know it.
I meant frontal area when I referred to the height. It’s almost a Zagato roof!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Exactly, if the black surround continued into where the silver parts are on the side you wouldn’t have the sharp parting line. Poor design.

·
Registered
160 Posts
whilst on the subject of cup holders and the slot - i like how they have 3 little nubs inside to hold different sized cups. The lid damping is nice too.

Noticed on the inside of the exterior mirror hinge, there is a piece of felt stuck on the rubbing surfaces, presumably to stop the two surfaces sticking together when frozen.

Comparing the infotainment to my previous lexus (which isn't hard as Lexus Toyota infotainment is quirky to say the least), halleluyah, the background playing radio/media reduces in volume when the satnav voice speaks! On the downside, the ability to do the split screen whilst good, is fiddly, needing a dive into the menu, Lexus had a menu on the right of the screen which popped out and could be selected quickly from there.

·
Registered
35,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That’s what I was told at handover. The key fits better for me and the fact that the lid won’t slide over it means you won’t walk away leaving the key in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pulling back both shift paddles puts the car into neutral. This is handy for switching from manual to automatic gears without having to take your hands off the wheels. (Press both, then shift up)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts