Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the summer holidays are nearly over, and not forgetting we have the Karting event in September, what would the South West members like to do next ??. Lets get some ideas together and decide where and what you guys would like to see and do in the Region.

I realise that it is difficult for members to travel huge distances and I am more than happy (as is Simon ) to organise events more specific to your areas for example more local meets for :
Dorset Devon Cornwall
Bristol Gloucester North Somerset
South Somerset Wiltshire etc.

Post your ideas for future meets or PM Hammy or myself and lets get
some ideas together :thumbs:

Ray

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Re: What Next

Indeed, we have ideas ourselves, but as a collective we should be able to pool a whole load of ideas together and get some really good ideas going! So, lets see what you guys would like to do :thumbs:

·
Registered
104 Posts
If the weather stays like it has been today then a nice drive ending with a beach BBQ would be pretty awesome. As the fellow Cornish AO'ers will tell you all, there are plenty of gorgeous locations down here for just such an event.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dantera, that is a good idea and one which we had considered as a weekend event earlier this year, I will certainly put this as an event early in 2009 as a weekend meet so that people have time to plan ahead. I have a couple of contacts in Tintagel area so may be able to get a discount off rooms for those travelling requiring accomodation. :cool:

Right any more ideas ?? come on South West members where are you all ??
Or do i need to come and knock your door and ask :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you mean ring the bell.

"Hold very tight please". ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Castle Comb event would be brilliant I reckon, but not sure if we'd have to wait until next year for that one now, :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds cool Ray. I'm up for a meet as i'm yet to go to one. I'm still yet to meet any Alfisti other than the few I already know.:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dantera I look forward to meeting you :thumbs:

Right come on guys lets get some action in this area, suggestions please ? :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Any car shows going on in the region that myself and Ray may be unaware of?

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
We did haynes a couple of months back, and it was a great day out for the club! It's certainly a venue we will use again, we did it last year too :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Castle Combe Rally Day on 20 Sept?

But I'm pretty sure this will be a non-goer due to Wales v Scotland England Karting the day after.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Talking of Castle Combe it's Eurofest next Saturday, anyone interested?

Link

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok after the weekends Karting event Rafe and Roy are going to set up a re match :) we will get a thread going once Rafe has some more details :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts