Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my 51reg 147 1.6 ts. it doesnt say anything on the manual or log book wich one it is! how to find out? i know it hasnt got cruise control, cd player. It's the 120 bhp 5 door. so confusing:rolleyes: also where to get a new back box as mine looks really crap, rusty...etc.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
If it hasnt got cruise I think its a Turismo. The Lussos had cruise and a cd player iirc.
As for the back box, they can go like that even on fairly new ones, not neccessarily a cause for concern.

Make sure the timing belts have been done within the last 36k miles or 3 years though, that is very important. Alfa have changed the intervals for the belts officially to 3yr / 36k miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has 53k on the clock with fsh from alfa and cambelt done on dec 2005. where can i buy a back box as its the only bit that's making it look crap really. just want one that looks good

M

·
0 Posts
I would have to say it has Turismo spec.
Has it got badges on the bottom of the front wings?

:)

A

·
0 Posts
With regards to the backbox.....I personally would just replace it with another Alfa one and then paint it IMMEDIATLY with high temperature paint (pref black...available from Halfords). I did this and my exhaust has not gone rusty at all and its over 3 years old now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts