Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can see the pic, which shows a fancy alloy on a 147, a pair of bare legs and a bloke in jeans (I guess, though that's just me assuming that the usual gender stereotypes are at work here). For those who can't work the link, I hope this description helps :)
The wheel looks like a standard - new-style - 147 alloy, though I don't know the name of it or on which spec car it is standard. The Alfa crest in the centre of the wheel makes me think it is an Alfa part, not an aftermarket jobby.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I know is that these wheels can be ordered for the GT in 18" size,
but I would very much like to know if these can be bought in 16" for the 147?

Or do you guys know any nice rims to replace my 17" ones?

·
Registered
69 Posts
A quick look in the 147 brochure (downloaded from the Alfa website) reveals that the 2.0 TS Lusso and 1.9 JTD 16v Lusso both get 15-spoke 16" alloys which are veeerrry similar, if not identical, to the ones you have a pic of. They are imaginatively called "Spoked". I can't see a section in the brochure for accessories which might tell you more about the other alloy options.
I guess that if a wheel fits one model it should fit others from the same manufacturer - loads of Peugeot owners I know have interchanged alloys from 306 to 206 to 406, and so on. But the wheel in your pic looks bigger than 16", which I guess is what you're really asking about.
Sorry not to be more help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Alfa 16's are £1000 as an option on the Turismo, so a dealer is going to hammer you if you want a set.

My TI wheels are 10 spoke (I think) but they are 17's, and it seems like you want to get away from that sized rim.

You'd probably do better to look at similar after-market rims, and just fit your centre badges.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The wheels I can see on the brochure of the 147 or not the same as the ones I linked to.
Those wheels are aparently only for the GT and as far as Alfa goes they are only available in 18".
I would indeed like to get away from the 17",
because I'm getting a bit tired of the bumpy ride...

I'm sure you can buy these wheels from a manufacturer (like the Toora TI wheels), but I need to know who...

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Those pics are of a GT not a 147. The wheels are the 18" spiders and as far as I'm aware not available in any other size.

Surprised you find the 17" bumpy. It feels great to me coming out of the Gt. carpet of air in comparison!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts