Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched lots and found loads of conflicting info on this one.

I am after the standard wheel bolt length for a set of 17" teledials onto a Ph1 twinny. I have a set of shorter bolts fitted from a set of selespeeds I have just removed.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Standard bolts are 34mm. Thet's the length of the shaft. It excludes the taper and the hex head.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, appreciate the reply. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I just checked ePer for you and there isn't one standard size it seems. They vary by wheel from 31mm to 41mm. That also begs the question on how AR measure them as the original for my car are quoted as 37mm but I measured them at 34. Perhaps the factory includes the taper?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have the 156 ones; they are 23mm - best get them changed tomorrow!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think 23 are right for the Selespeeds - I had to but some of that length for the front of mine when I put the new wheels on. It might depend on the wheels as much as anything, so I guess you need an answer from someone who has a car that came with your new wheels as standard.

·
Registered
30,071 Posts
23mm is correct for any 156/147/GT wheel no matter what car they are on.
I thought GTV/Spider wheels used 37mm, but I was going on the info in ePER which it seams may be suspect...

·
Registered
70 Posts
wheel bolt lengths not so simple

Recently had the thread strip on a locking bolt on my wife's GT, so bought a standard bolt from Mango's as a temporary replacement. Found that the new bolt is 24mm, whereas ALL of the originals (on the car since we bought it new in 2005) are 28mm. Mango's have been very helpful, checked with Alfa technical who say that the part number is correct for all GTs. The thread engagement with the shorter bolt seems marginal to me and if 24mm is standard, how come they used to fit 28mm? If you look on ebay, some suppliers list 28mm, others 24mm. I'm confused - anybody have any definitive information?:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts