Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....forgets to put the petrol cap back on after filling up ?
give you three guesses

my 164 qv was laid up for 5 months awaiting parts and getting sorted ,it comes back to me looking all shiny and beautiful and the first thing I do is leave my petrol cap on the pump and drive off !

bloody idiot

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
.....forgets to put the petrol cap back on after filling up ?
give you three guesses

my 164 qv was laid up for 5 months awaiting parts and getting sorted ,it comes back to me looking all shiny and beautiful and the first thing I do is leave my petrol cap on the pump and drive off !

bloody idiot
We've all done it!
Sorry for the troubles

·
Registered
761 Posts
I once drove a couple of hundred miles down the motorway with the oil filler cap off (in my Volvo). I'd topped the oil up before we left. I think IIRC I must have been prompted by the smell coming in through the vents and suddenly had the light bulb "oh ****!" moment. I pulled off the motorway at a Tesco so that I could go in and buy some bin bags and elastic bands to cover the filler, but lo and behold the cap had managed to stay exactly where I left it on top of the cam cover :thumbu p:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Obviously yr 164 was one of the rare ones which came with automated filler cap cover return, so I can understand how you might forget to put the cap on first :) been there, done that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.