Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My live in girlfriend has just told me this weekend that she is auditioning for Big Brother!!!

Not sure how i feel about this as i hate the show and the way it sets out to humiliate and i really feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I have told her in a limited sort of way that i am not sure of her being away for a possible 10 weeks and that some people who have been on the show have had their lives destroyed.

What do you all think? honest opinions.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I agree with you that the show is utter trash and NEVER watch it - think it's all a bit degrading tbh. Suppose I'm not one for that sort of thing.

She has to ask herself, if she was on it and became famous, would she want/could she handle all the attention (positive and negative) afterwards? Her life would never be the same.

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Oh dear, not good mate. Do you live with her?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i have tried to explain to her, this show has destroyed many lives and relationships just for the sake of ratings. She can't drink white wine as it makes her argumentive so they would ply her with it just to get a reaction.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Is she normally 'normal'? - They only seem to want mentalist, pretentious 'wanna be famous' type folk, all might be OK :lol:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My live in girlfriend has just told me this weekend that she is auditioning for Big Brother!!!

Not sure how i feel about this as i hate the show and the way it sets out to humiliate and i really feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I have told her in a limited sort of way that i am not sure of her being away for a possible 10 weeks and that some people who have been on the show have had their lives destroyed.

What do you all think? honest opinions.

I'm afraid it would be one of those very rare occasions when I would flatly refuse to put up with it and issue an ultimatum. No way would I put up with a partner of mine going on that show.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Normal as in normalish:lol: she went to see one of them tarot card readers a few years back who told her she will be famous in her 30's, i should add that she is 32 in a few weeks.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she might be auditioning for it but it's unlikely she'll be successful. Cross that bridge if it arises. No point in making a song and dance about something that will probably not happen.

BB is the biggest load of **** ever. I'd probably leave my other half if she watched it let alone wanted to appear on it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh dear, I would really question why she wants to and what she wants to get from it. Should she get on there any fame gleaned from the show would only be short term.

I think I would sooner have a partner working in a strip club than appearing on some hideous reality TV show, and BB is the WORST.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
As hughes says mate

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
If she wants all the dross from her time before you to come up and be spread across the papers if she's selected and does well, then she should try her hardest to get on, but I doubt you'd be there to pick up the pieces afterwards. (I know I wouldn't)

If a girlfriend of mine thought about going on, then an ultimatum would be made.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
If it was me? It's her life and her choice. I guess I would watch the the ****ty programme too :D. If you have issues with what she might do then perhaps the whole thing is not for you?

Wow I'm on 911 posts :eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Is this show still going and will anyone watch it ? :confused:

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
she might be auditioning for it but it's unlikely she'll be successful. Cross that bridge if it arises. No point in making a song and dance about something that will probably not happen.
Got to say though, if her motivation is become what you preceive to be an 'empty headed D-list celeb/reality star' is this the sort of person you want to be with? Someone who may be tempted to do 'whatever' to get their fizzog on the box?

Sorry, I know nothing about you/your GF but for me alarm bells would be going off.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's on Channel 5 - which coincidentally is also the average viewing audience, despite Dirty Richard Desmond desperately plugging it in his newspapers. If it's something she wants to do then let the situation run and see where it takes you, there's a good chance it'll never happen. And the repercussions of you saying a definite 'no' could be just as difficult to live with.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts