Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all , newcomer here, i have just bought my first alfa(156 2litre t plate 76000 miles)
i just had to have one!!!!!!!! wife thinks iam having a mid life crisis
but i just had to have one ( one of my all time best looking cars)
what i can not understand is why most of the people i know would not touch one as being unreliable etc.
so i am hoping for any comments on why i should, because all iam getting at the moment is negative ones,
now of to read the forums
many thanks

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, ignore the doubters. I think Alfa's are as reliable as most other cars, however, they have a certain je ne sais qui that is missing in many cars. :)

M

·
0 Posts
footy said:
hi to all , newcomer here, i have just bought my first alfa(156 2litre t plate 76000 miles)
i just had to have one!!!!!!!! wife thinks iam having a mid life crisis
but i just had to have one ( one of my all time best looking cars)
what i can not understand is why most of the people i know would not touch one as being unreliable etc.
so i am hoping for any comments on why i should, because all iam getting at the moment is negative ones,
now of to read the forums
many thanks
welcome to AO Footy.... feels great owning one !!

the unreliability issues "harp" back to years gone by when cars, not just Alfa's, rusted in front of your eyes and were lucky to start on damp cold days !! the modern Alfa is as good, if not better, than most marques, if well maintained...and as for the looks, i guarantee you will always have a smile on your face.... enjoy her, keep her well maintained and you should have years of happy motoring, just try not to dwell on "what could happen"....

make sure that the cambelt and tensioners are changed every 36k or 3 years, which ever is sooner and that you keep an eye on the oil level, some twinnies can use a wee bit of oil, make sure the level is up to the max (a weekly check) and use a good quality 10w 40w semi-synthetic...

enjoy dude...

:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
:p Hi there,
Nothing wrong with owning an Alfa Romeo!:tut: It shows that you have a sense of pride in what you drive and above all ENJOY driving:cool: Having an ALFA is like having another member of the family believe me!I have had ALFA's since 1986 and for a brief period of about four years have never been without one.Those four years were abysmal by the way:confused: Just be prepared to do bits and pieces to your pride and joy every weekend.WELCOME:D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Enjoy mate, Modern alfa's have it all, with just a couple of proviso's, ie the cambelt thing, it's now a standard service item at 36k and checking the oil.

There is nothing wrong, it's just taken you a while to find the path of the chosen ones :cheese: :cheese:

By the way - it's not curable :D

Reliability - mine has happily swallowed a 60 mile a day commute for nearly a year with no issues at all. That unreliable thing is and always has been rubbish - they just needed a little more care in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Alfa reliability is a bit of cliche now.

My experience over the past 4 months has been great. I've no regrets even though I get the daily questions about "whether it's broken down yet" or "what's fallen off so far?"

Hope you enjoy your Alfa experience as much a I have.

Welcome to AO.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO and Alfa ownership :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi again , thanks for the welcome. all i can say since owning my 156 (last two days) is YEEP-PEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHAT A JOY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts