Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did claim in a discussion we had here that difference of widebody is wider wheel track at front of car. But is that a case also for 8 valve cars, only that they are narrower at front and also from back. That is what I had been told now.

Tracking figure I managed to find for widebody car are:
Front : 1469mm
Rear : 1402mm

Does anybody know respective figures for original 8 valve versions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The widebody cars are wider at the front than the narrowbody 8v cars. The handling was criticized by buyers and journalists alike when it was introduced (sorry 8v'ers!) so Alfa widened the track to improve the handling.

Some 8v cars have the widebody (1995/96) but current thinking is that they are based on a narrowbody "chassis".

Think there is a 25mm difference between the two.
wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wide body is for the "soft boys" amongst us.

Any fule kno that the skinnys are far superior (BTCC Champ').

Ralf S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralf S.:
Any fule kno that the skinnys are far superior (BTCC Champ').

Ralf S.
I second that.......skinny !! skinny !! skinny !! skinny !! skinny !! skinny !! skinny !! .......

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all sorry for the absence holidays & family are keeping me busy. it is my understanding that all post june 95 all uk 155's were widebody 2.5v6 2.016v & 1.8 8v & 12 months later the 1.8 8v was replaced with the 16v & the v6 was dropped. hope this helps
cheers :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I have now understood has 8v version also wider track at front that rear but widebody has 25mm wider track at front compared to narrowbody car.

I tryed to find some evidence for that but didn't find. It seems even that some hanbooks have misleading infomation, because some 8 valve 155 owners here tell that their hanbook gives same tracking figures that stands on 16 valve car handbook. I wouldn't anyhow rely on information handbook is giveing since my own handbook has pictures from 8 valve car regardless car itself is 16 valve. It is very informative when looking for example pictures from engine bay :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
wrinx:

Some 8v cars have the widebody (1995/96) but current thinking is that they are based on a narrowbody "chassis".

Think there is a 25mm difference between the two.
wrinx
I thought the difference was only made by the use of longer wishbones etc., and that the chassis / floorpan was the same for both... don't know where I dug that up though, could be wrong...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Rich

Presume you're right, by "chassis" I meant the basic car. Can't see Alfa changing more bits than you described for a few mm.

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts