Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 54 plate 156 2.0 jts has developed a wee blemish... The black panel (don't know the proper name for it) just above the OS wing mirror started getting bubbles under the surface; eventually deteriorating and a chunk falling off (see pic). IMG_0784.jpg

Looks unsightly and I would like to replace it.
Now for the questions:

1. What is this called?
2. What has caused it?
3. Where can I get a replacement (and what should I pay)?
4. How do you fit it (and indeed remove it)?

Hope someone can help, as my baby looks like she's got a nasty scab :(.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
It's part of the wing mirror. If you remove the internal panel behind (clips in on the older models), you can undo the screws and electrics.

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
You should be able to remove it, clean the old paint off with paint stripper then respray it.

Being Aluminium though you would be better off using an etch primer. This is easy enough to get though.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
off the top of my head you do it from inside your car ages since i took one off well years prise cover off and im sure 3 allen bolts hold it in place im sure

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gary; will try to get one from breakers tomorrow and have a go next weekend.
Joanne.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks guys; I will hopefully get a good old one from a breakers, if not, I may have a go at Symon's recommendation.
Joanne

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
They all do that eventually. Autolusso do powder coated ones (or something like that) so if you have a few quid you might want to get a pair of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts