Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSC03186.jpg
Mounted on top of the carpet in front of the speaker. I have not seen it mentioned in the owner's manual or elsewhere.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah it is. Has a rubber button thing on top :)

Mine is on the drivers side though....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes fuel cut off switch, and it is mentioned in the owner's manual. Better place for it rather than hidden under the bonnet as it was in my old 156.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Top question sensingsys, I've been meaning to ask this since I purchased my car. I like the feeling of pushing the rubber thing on the top :) so did the previous owner as its been pushed in :cheese:

Since we are on the topic, any idea why the phase 2 have the airbag key in the footwell and the phase 1 dont? people may not know, just thought, thats odd...

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Since we are on the topic, any idea why the phase 2 have the airbag key in the footwell and the phase 1 dont? people may not know, just thought, thats odd...
On the P1, if you wanted to carry a sprog on the front seat, you had to go to a dealer and pay to have the airbag disabled. And most dealers didn't have a clue. It wasn't just the GTV/Spider, it was fairly early days for passenger airbags and there was a degree of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the issue. Obvious answer was to allow the driver to enable/disable as necessary.

·
Registered
236 Posts
On the P1, if you wanted to carry a sprog on the front seat, you had to go to a dealer and pay to have the airbag disabled. And most dealers didn't have a clue. It wasn't just the GTV/Spider, it was fairly early days for passenger airbags and there was a degree of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the issue. Obvious answer was to allow the driver to enable/disable as necessary.
Thanks for this, as I did wonder where the key hole was in my P1 :thumbs:.

·
Registered
73 Posts
from p100 of the manual

"Fuel cut-of switch"
This is an automatic safety switch which is triggered in the event of an emergency to interrupt the flow of fuel......

...If a smell of fuel is noted following an accident, or the fuel system is leaking do not reset the switch.
:tut:

If no leaks are found the vehicle can be restarted. Press the button to re-activate the fuel supply system:thumbs:

·
Registered
646 Posts
"Fuel cut-of switch"
This is an automatic safety switch which is triggered in the event of an emergency to interrupt the flow of fuel......

...If a smell of fuel is noted following an accident, or the fuel system is leaking do not reset the switch.
:tut:

If no leaks are found the vehicle can be restarted. Press the button to re-activate the fuel supply system:thumbs:
Ahhh excellent, thanks. Never paid any attention to it before.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts