Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does this symbol represent ? I only see it just before start up for 1-3 sec. Never used to appeared before. Is it an engine oil level indicator ?
Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,030 Posts
From page 100 of the 156 manual:

WATER IN THE FUEL OIL FILTER (JTD engines)
The warning light switches on with fixed light when driving, to indicate the presence of water in
the fuel oil filter.
The presence of water in the fuel circuit may cause serious damage to
the entire injection system and cause irregular engine operation. If warning
light c comes on the dial, contact Alfa Romeo Authorized Services
as soon as possible to have the system relieved. Should the above warning indication
come one immediately after topping up, water has probably been poured
into the tank: turn the engine off immediately and contact Alfa Romeo Authorized
Services.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Light isn't permanently on. Car just been serviced. This time I bought fuel filter with the plastic screw or whatever it is on the bottom. I always get one without. I think the water sensor's faulty, or there is water in fuel system which I really doubt. Will replace water sensor.

·
Registered
30,030 Posts
Are you sure it isn't simply coming on for the normal pre-start warning light check?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure it isn't simply coming on for the normal pre-start warning light check?
It never used to appear before, but now happens pre start along with glow plug light check and then they both go off. I also think it is just the usual pre start check light.
Can diesel owners confirm this ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts