Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i was having a hunt around the engine bay for something loose, as i have an annoying tapping/rattle at start up.

something is tapping on the bodywork(i think) at start up, until the engine is fairly warm..then it goes away.
it also does it when cold, over bumps !!!

anyway, the point of the post... while i was looking around, i found this pripe to be loose..i pushed it back in..

what is this pipe ??

could be unrelated, but since i have pushed this pipe back into place, i can now hear is hissing noise at around 2500 rpm...but only when driving... i cant duplicated the noise when stationary with the bonnet up !!!!!!

the car is a 147 1.9JTDm (06reg)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
That's the oil breather pipe, mines connected but not exactly tight but I assume that's how they all are.

Could it be the exhaust headshield?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
could be unrelated, but since i have pushed this pipe back into place, i can now hear is hissing noise at around 2500 rpm...but only when driving... i cant duplicated the noise when stationary with the bonnet up !!!!!!

the car is a 147 1.9JTDm (06reg)
not a split hose is it.........check the one that runs over the battery......on the underside they are prone to spliting......undo it and give it a right good looking over
there is also the bottom hose out of turbo that can split too

Gary

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not a split hose is it.........check the one that runs over the battery......on the underside they are prone to spliting......undo it and give it a right good looking over
there is also the bottom hose out of turbo that can split too

Gary

cheers for that gary. i'll look tomorrow morning.the top one looks quite easy to get to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts