Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What is the men-to-women ratio at your workplace

• Almost no women

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • About 1/4 (one woman for every four men)

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • About 1/2

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • About 1/1

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • About 2/1 (one man for every two women)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About 4/1

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Almost no men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add option 4/1. Can a mod please add it?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Well, within my department there are 4 of us (three researchers and a secretary), and I'm the only male...

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I work in a 'male dominanted' industry (Oil & Gas) and in my current location the ladies make up under a quarter of the workforce !!

Saying that this place has a higher proportion of females to most places I've worked at !! :)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
70/2

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
One to One, what's it like nowadays, working I mean? Forgotten what it's like to trot in every day for 'The Man' You in the same boat Wrenched?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Remember the 2 Ronnies sketch 'The Worm Has Turned'?

Thats what it's like here. Nearly ALL the supervisors and managers are women.:(

We'll have to wear dresses next!!

:)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
about 50:50 here too, where I used to work it was awesome, it was a deisgn agency and all the account handlers and managers were serious totty, we had one room we called the Siren Room cos it was just wall to wall skirt.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
I am just digging a deeper hole - I can tell :cry:
Yes... yes you are !! :tut:

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put you in it !! :p

:lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
How could you possibly leave such job :eek: ?!?!
Mate what happened to my quote there? I didn't write that. :confused:

Anyway, to answer the question, I was made redundant, if not for that I'd probably be still working there dribbling over lovelies with the bodywork of italian thoroughbred mares.

*sigh*

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I work in IT as a programmer. In programming the ratio is about 70/30 but the overall ratio in the company is about 50/50. In managerial positions the ratio is about 50/50, in testing, support, sales and marketing it's 40/60 to 30/70.

This tells us the obvious: Men are better at technical and gruntwork stuff while women are better at communication and management. Men are best suited to understand complex systems and tend to put a touch of art, emotion and egotism in their work while women are better at communicating and usually get the job done without any personal or emotional commitment.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts