Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Could anyone tell me what the proper name for the colour of my car is? Is it Lord Blue? I haven't seen many other 155s this colour, and the ones I have seen have also been V6 models. Does this mean this colour was only available on the V6?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
What's the Paint Code label say (inside the boot lid, above your head when it's open)?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go and have a look later as I'm at work and the car is not here with me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info wrinx, It is dark blue metallic and I have attached better quality pictures. It's hard to get a decent quality due to compressing the picture to get it under 100kb. From looking at the table on the link, it must be Space Blue Pearlescent as that's the only dark blue listed. Thanks for the info mate:)

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that name sounds familiar actually, It is very dark blue and has a tint of green and purple when the sun is very bright.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
The correct colour for your car should be Black !! :p

:lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Chaps, That helps me a lot. So it's Spazio Blue.
I'll have a look on the car to see what the code is. I haven't seen it for a few days as the coil pack failed and I had to park it round my mum's (was closer to the break down point) and I've got the new one now so I'll be fitting that after work. Can't wait.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments,

Yes it is a skinny Ralf same reg as yours too, I prefer them as they have more shape on the wings than the flat-ish wings of the fat cars. When I bought it I didn't even know there were skinny and fat models but I'm glad I got the skinny in the end. The only spec I was after at the time was V6 & leather, that's it. It took me about 7 months to find it.

I had managed to fit my new coil pack yesterday and the car is fine! feels smoother than before but that's probably all in the head :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Actually, because it's white, I like the widebody wings, which I think give a more aggressive stance to the overall looks of the car. A black or spasio blue 155 doesn't need it.

However... not only do I need to wash my car practically everyday when it rains - every 3 days in dry weather - because it's white :cry: , now I also think that white and light-gray interiors don't mix well. It's easy to spot any damage or age-related issue on light-colored plastics. :cry: To top it off, and because they're made of fabric, the seats are starting to wear out. :cry:

So... my next Alfa (156 or 166) will likely have a dark paint, and leather dark interior. And Alfa mudflaps. :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
pierre_samanni said:
So... my next Alfa (156 or 166) will likely have a dark paint, and leather dark interior. And Alfa mudflaps. :lol:

Oh yes!

What you want is a metallic black Alfa! :D :D :D

:cool:

:lol:

Just go and checkout some of the puppies for sale on
AR France's Occasion site.

e.g.:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Nice Brera Nev! By the way I used to work for Ilog, at Les Taissounieres, on the Route des Dolines, in Sophia-Antipolis. Some of your pics wouldn't happen to be from a parking lot in that vicinity, by any chance? ;)

N

·
0 Posts
pierre_samanni said:
Nice Brera Nev! By the way I used to work for Ilog, at Les Taissounieres, on the Route des Dolines, in Sophia-Antipolis. Some of your pics wouldn't happen to be from a parking lot in that vicinity, by any chance? ;)

Yup. We're in Cisco's Building. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have a look at these pics I found, 2 155s both metallic blue with 17" cross spoke wheels. One is a widey the other is not, which do you chaps think looks better?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts