Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No mother-in-law jokes please :tut:

In other words, with the rear seats down, can the GT be considered reasonably practical? Any significant difference between a GT and a 156 sportwagon: I presume rear wheel arch intrusion is very similar on both?

Many thanks (and apologies for the boring practical question :rolleyes:)

gjma

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I got a digital piano into the back of a GT with the seats down!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I've had a standard size washing machine comfortably in the back of mine. I took the precaution of laying an off-cut of carpet over the edge, it was still a bit buttock-clenching getting it in and out though.

And although not the mother-in-law I did have my 17yo daughter in there looking for an annoying rattle - which she found.

It is quite roomy with the seats down.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
205 Posts
Most I've ever had in my GT are two kids (in child seats), three adults, one pushchair and the boot full of everyone's luggage for a week in Great Yarmouth. It was a snug fit! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's actually very very good - use it for festivals & the load take is great. The flat floor, low boot lip & non-intrusive wheel arches really impact .... for a coupe its spookily practical

·
Registered
665 Posts
a flat packed BMX and on a separate occasion a wheelchair ..... comment from a colleague at work that owns a Merc CLK is to the boot of the GT is HUGE in comparison !!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Both mine and my sons BMX bikes, neither need to be dismantled in any way, just slide them in.

Plus helmets, body armour and tools.

·
Registered
45 Posts
An old Les Dawson (RIP) classic...

"There was a knock at the door, you could tell it was the Mother-in-Law because the mice threw themselves on their traps!!" :cheese:

Sorry - it had to be done :eek:

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have had two 18 stone guys in the back of mine, they were good mates but now curse me forever

·
Registered
19,792 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had two 18 stone guys in the back of mine, they were good mates but now curse me forever
Me too. When its my turn to drive for the evening my mates all curse my Gt cos two of them have to get in the back, they are all 6ft plus and on the larger size. but they do fit in there ok, its just getting out is the problem. its cost me an arm and a leg for their chiropracter fee's !!! boom boom.
I also get my surfboard in there with the front seat reclined, its 7'4".
:wow:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts