Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Q2, please people explain it simply to me!!!!

i have a 147 gta and i want to know what it is and what it does in simple terms please, and what are the benefits i have if i have it done, i asked the garage to check mine out and he said its fine.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Q2’s clever mechan­icals help to maintain traction and prevent the power from disappearing in a cloud of useless wheelspin

quote from motoring magazine....if this helps..:)

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
The Q2 is a limited slip differential that will fit your car and improve the handling beyond all expectations. We have fitted about 100 of these now and every single customers that we have fitted one for has been completely made up with the performance.

Please see below a link to our web site

Auto Lusso - Alfa Romeo Q2 Limited Slip Differential Information and Pricing

There have also been a lot a standard diff failures on GTA’s as the standard item is simple not up to the job.

So not only will it greatly improve the handling it will also improve reliability

Ned

·
Registered
609 Posts
The Q2 is a limited slip differential that will fit your car and improve the handling beyond all expectations. We have fitted about 100 of these now and every single customers that we have fitted one for has been completely made up with the performance.

Please see below a link to our web site

Auto Lusso - Alfa Romeo Q2 Limited Slip Differential Information and Pricing

There have also been a lot a standard diff failures on GTA’s as the standard item is simple not up to the job.

So not only will it greatly improve the handling it will also improve reliability

Ned
Ned

How busy are you guys at the moment?

I need to get down there of a weekend soon. I need to get my girlfriends GT serviced (36k), and a Q2 fitted to my 147GTA, and possibly some PF pads fitted to mine too, and a general healthcheck. :thumbs:

I've been meaning to do it for a while, and don't want to tempt fate with my diff.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Ned

How busy are you guys at the moment?

I need to get down there of a weekend soon. I need to get my girlfriends GT serviced (36k), and a Q2 fitted to my 147GTA, and possibly some PF pads fitted to mine too, and a general healthcheck. :thumbs:

I've been meaning to do it for a while, and don't want to tempt fate with my diff.
Busy, give me a call and I will do what I can to fit you in

Ned 0870 60 90 147

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Aparently the Q2 is not an LSD but a torsen diff, which does not use friction plates. What ever it uses, it uses them well! :cool:

Busy, give me a call and I will do what I can to fit you in

Ned 0870 60 90 147
Cant AO members have the real phone number? :cry: ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I got Q2 a short while ago and it is as good as the hype. The car basicially has more grip when cornering so you can go faster with more stability and less understeer.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Mebbes=Maybe, just some slang I guess. I'm not Scottish :)
I never thought people would be put off from call us because we have an 0870 number, it was really good when I first stated doing Alfa’s as we grew faster than I ever planed in the first few years and we moved 3 times to bigger premises and were able to take the number with us. We have been here for over 5 years now and have no plans to move, I like it here.

I think I will put our 01525 (normal number) on our web site

Ned

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got wheelspin the other day, it was mildly damp and I was giving it some proper welly :lol: It only lasted a second before I took off like a sooty rocket.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I never thought people would be put off from call us because we have an 0870 number, it was really good when I first stated doing Alfa’s as we grew faster than I ever planed in the first few years and we moved 3 times to bigger premises and were able to take the number with us. We have been here for over 5 years now and have no plans to move, I like it here.

I think I will put our 01525 (normal number) on our web site

Ned
I wouldn't be too concerned about it Ned. I just think a lot of people (incorrectly) see the 0870 number and think Premium rate. Only takes a couple of people to do that and you can lose money. I have an 0845 number for my business. Maybe you can just add your normal number in smaller text underneath your 0870 on your website?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i personally try for a standard number. i dont have a land line and both me and my wife have mobiles. mine has silly amount of free minutes for £50 that should mean i'll never need anymore, but 0800, 0845, 0870 and the likes are not included and cost a fair bit.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I find with the Q2 that the turn in is really sharp and it allows you to carry more speed into, and out of the twisty bits.:thumbs:

I first tried it at a Cloverleaf track day on the handling course.....I was amazed at how well the Q2 equipped 147 handled the hairpin turn........thankfully the supportive sports seats held my kidneys in place.

Just remember though if you do get it fitted......it can't defy the laws of physics.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts