Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come to part with my much loved 147 due to insurance costing me £200 a month which at 17 is crippling me. I'm so gutted :( best first car ever!!!

It's a 2001 1.6 lusso 3 door. Just hit the 100k mile mark yesterday. It's red with a red leather interior. It's got a black front bumper and metallic gun metal alloys with red brake callipers. Full service history.

The engine runs superbly and if my memory serves me correctly it had a belt change about 20-25k miles ago.

- It's been lowered (shocks and springs)
- Power flow stainless exhaust with lifetime guarantee
- EBC grooved and vented front brake discs
- Clear side repeaters
- GTA front lights with Xenons
- Tints on rear 3 windows
- new seats have clearly been retrimmed recently as they look brand new
- Alfa GT pedals
- New tyres a few months ago so plenty of tread left
- Uprgraded speakers and tweeters with standard head unit
- 9 months MOT and 3 months Tax

There are a few cosmetic floors however...
- there's a small dent on the rear panel behind the drivers door that should just pop out
- there is a very small dent and a bit of paint flaking around it on the bonnet
- there's also a dent on the passenger outer sill by the rear wheel
- and being a red 10 year old alfa, not every panel is exactly the same shade...

all things considered could anybody give me a rough figure for me to ask for my beautiful bella?

thanks in advance!

merlin

Attachments

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
The mods wont add value unfortunately and i personally feel a prospective buyer would look unfavourably on the front bumper being a different colour to the rest of the car and may ask pointed questions as to why,i.e. have you crashed it? Confidence will be low whatever your explanation though and by the prices of similar cars on the market i'd say you will be lucky to see a £1000

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that myself when i bought it. took the front end off and had a nose around, no real evidence of any damage. that's all I want for it tbh. thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
i quite like the black front,would look good with the tailgate black to match,,would be a cheap car at a grand

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i quite like the black front,would look good with the tailgate black to match,,would be a cheap car at a grand
I had it booked in for a respray at the end of Jan but really have more important things to spend my cash on :(

SO much car for the money. Will be gutted when it goes :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think you'd be very lucky to get a grand for it, more £600 - £700.

You might get a bit more if you have the time and space to break it for parts.
if i was you i would try and get 800 plus and not break it, it will take you too long to recoup a lump sum leathers and wheels will go 1st then little bits and bobs.

let us kn ow how you get on.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
If the buyer does their homework £600 - 700 is about right.

Bought my son a 5 door 51 plate, 47k miles with history, Red and totally unmarked, bought a black leather interior from Auto Lusso for £62. Total cost of car including interior £892.

I did spend 5-6 weeks looking at quite a lot though.

Have a look at eCar insurance and you might get it cheaper.

You need to find proof of the cam belt change. Any knowledgeable buyer won't be interested in "if my memory serves me correctly." Also these cars take a lot of looking after - tinted windows and go faster bits make me suspicious - I would want to see lots of actual bills for servicing work done not bills for go faster bolt ons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts