Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this part, if so, what is it's function and where does it fit on the car. I found it

in the drip tray under my Alfa 156 Twin Spark (2001) and presume that it had fallen from the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

V

·
0 Posts
Agreed...the narrow end isn't open, so no cabling/piping would be passing through it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How big is it? It looks like it has a push/squeeze bit so it can be removed (the red bits). Breather pipe?
Thanks for your response. The overall length is 7.5 cm; the larger diameter is 3.5 cm and the smaller diameter is 2.0 cm. Where the diameter "funnels in " to the smaller diameter, there appears to be some residue of sealant. Could it be a crankcase breather of some sort?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Could be. It's open at both ends with a cross to keep the narrow end open. I was thinking of the hose that connects to the throttle body, near the bulkhead in the right as you look at the engine. But I think that hose is for the brake servo, so you might notice if that was disconnected.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Dust cap from one of the air con filling points, perhaps. Mine lack the colour but don't clip on properly so dislodge easily. They are only there to keep much out of the service valves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts