Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1.6 has just had an engine rebuild after cooking. After the work the code light sometimes came on, the machanic changed a 'sensor' 401 9393 Ms2.

I live in Poland and my polish is not very good so conversations between me and the mechanic are not too easy. Any ideas what did he change?

Also after the work the enginr ran noisy, very noisy. He tells me it is the Alternater, does it sound possible? Variater was changed.

Runs like a pig He blames the plugs? original plugs are abou 15 pounds each (X8) Lots of money, are cheaper plugs any good? Remember the rebuild cost me abou 1000 pounds I'm skint!!

Thanks for any help.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I also tried. Little black sensor about 1x1 cm about 4mm thick with 3 wires sticking out.
Any ideas.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Air temp sensor? It's not anything too 'heavy' as it doesn't sound robust enough, i.e., not an oil temp sensor or anything that screws into the engine.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the long and short of it is, if its not fixed and you payed to have it fixed, take it back.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jimmybob
I agree. But Polish mechanics are an even more currupt bunch of ******* than in UK. I learn my lesson next time I have to stand next to him while he does the work. It was the first Alfa he had worked on let alone a 155.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts