Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've just taken my 156 V6 to the friendly local(ish) indie to have, hopefully just the ARB and drop links done and was absently wondering what is a fair/average hourly rate for labour?

I think this place charges £30ph and is highly recommended, having just been there I can see why too, they have a great set-up.

R

·
0 Posts
So i've just taken my 156 V6 to the friendly local(ish) indie to have, hopefully just the ARB and drop links done and was absently wondering what is a fair/average hourly rate for labour?

I think this place charges £30ph and is highly recommended, having just been there I can see why too, they have a great set-up.
£30ph is fantastic! A lot of stealers charge in excess of £90ph!

·
Registered
11,159 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I always think of what I got per hour, programming computers for Shell, 30 quid is a BARGAIN !!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah good to hear! Didn't really have much to compare it with, cheers.

Ugghh they just called - drop links need doing and he said there's play in the ARB so told them to do that at the same time £290, seemed pretty reasonable given that they removed the locking wheel nuts for free (idiot that sold it to me didn't send the key as agreed :mad:)

Worst part is they uncovered the d/s front spring being broken high up... joy. I suspected as much but you always hope eh? £140 for that another day. Might try and DIY that with mechanic mate to save a bit of money but I understand it's a bit of a bugger of a job.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know my local commercial garage charges £80ph, Most main dealers are around £100ph, a few of ths smaller gages locally charge £50-60ph

·
Vendor
46,411 Posts
£30ph is very good, but it depends how many hours they take to do a job.. We normally quote a fixed price for a job, in fact I don't even know what our hourly rate is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts