Alfa Romeo Forum banner

201 - 220 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sat in the car park waiting for kids activities to finish, messed around with seat position adjustments. Discovered these little sliding stops on the seatbelts that allow you to leave the buckle at whatever height you want to find it when reaching for your seatbelt. The passenger side one has a little loop of seatbelt on it to stop it rattling against b pillar but the driver’s one doesn’t as it is always done up and it reduces the bulk. How very clever. Now, it would not surprise me if I had it in every car I owned I just never cared about them enough to discover it.

had Audi sq2 (or 3? - can’t tell them apart) parked alongside me in what seemed like misano blue and also clean and detailed well. Despite it being what looks like the same paint it looks a lot better on Stelvio because all the panels are curving and bulging and present to the light source at different angles so the colour just rolls and changes across the panel and you get gloss popping where as you just see flat surfaces and ridges on an Audi - paint looks quite uniform and no gloss unless you find the exact right angle for the light to bounce. I wonder if this is to save costs or just a design philosophy.
Rubbish! Build and paint quality as well as interior materials is much better than on Alfas. I read it in every motor magazine I pick up with a comparison to German cars! :eek:

You are clearly deluding yourself :)

I am too, I cannot fault any of the above on my Veloce, in fact I think all the above is bloody fantastic!

The German car fan who prepared and ceramic coated my car reluctantly agreed that the paint quality, on a year old car, was very good!

Reactions: CABBLACK

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
Claus Busse of Alfa Design says “when you look at the car itself, we want to create something than feels good to the hand. I always say to joke, the best way to experience an Alfa Romeo is to hand wash it....”

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
My first Giulietta had a rubber bump on the A pillar interior trim to stop the noise of the belt buckle hitting it. It was however on the correct side for LHD. The dealer put on one the RHD passenger side for me, which was nice.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Bought a tailored sunscreen from Amazon. Shipped from Wisconsin USA in 8 days. Well chuffed, it’s good quality, quite thick and fits perfectly and easily. Only held in place by the sun visors, That’ll protect my leather trimmed dashboard and avoid sun damage/fading ...if we get some :)
View attachment 953155
Yay at last I can use it :)

Reactions: cue2

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
It acts as a sacrificial layer on top of ceramic - so definitely with ceramic. Adds extra slickness with water rolling off and has mild marring filling properties.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Wow. Those are stunning wheels close up. Lovely shape. The more you look at them the better they look. Should be manageable to wash too.

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
They’re actually a full silver finished version of the Veloce Ti machined-face wheel. Goes well with the bright side-window surround. Should be relatively easy to keep clean and were a pleasure to polish!

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
I can never properly appreciate design on dark wheels. Especially, cool molten metal designs Alfa does.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
apple turned on lossless options in settings music a couple of days ago.
I listened lossless format over Carplay today (not high res just lossless) and you can really tell the difference.
For starters loading is slow (6 times the size) - I’m on the edge of 5G and often in low 4G - it was just acceptable but I had a bit of start delay for 2 out of 4 songs I played - once started they were fine.
For quality, where it’s separate instruments or vocals (like Nothing Else matters) there is a ton of extra detail - sounds really clean. But where it’s a big jumble of frequencies comes in (say Unforgiven) I think the HK is not powerful enough to cope and resolve them all so that’s about the same.
seeing as I never use more than 5% of my data allowance of I may as well keep it on as some of the songs really shine.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Too hot to actually clean the car so I have given the wheels a serious and thorough clean, red calipers too

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
I replaced the lovely coloured wheel centre caps for the monochrome ones that are recommended for the Alfa accessories 20” alloys. Managed to prise the originals off using a piastic luggage tag.

201 - 220 of 225 Posts