Alfa Romeo Forum banner

181 - 200 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Run in oil changed at 1,500 today at alfaworkshop - great bunch. Ogled some 4Cs whilst I waited.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Run in oil changed at 1,500 today at alfaworkshop - great bunch. Ogled some 4Cs whilst I waited.
Is this you being picky or is it actually recommended by Alfa?

Not a criticism btw, just interested

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Misano blue got Polish Angel Blue xilion treat today. Had to wait for the sun to go down as my drive is in the sun all afternoon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Afternoon, Everyone and Happy Easter!

A few weeks ago, I posted something on the 'What Have You Done to Your Giulia Today?' thread about wanting to do something to 'enhance' my Giulia TI's engine cover. Well, now I have!

I've designed and had some badges manufactured that fit perfectly in the obvious place for a badge on the engine cover. I have two designs available and 25 of each are now available on eBay:

If the link above doesn't work, type 'Alfa Romeo Giulia Engine Cover Badge' into the search box on eBay.

Designing the badges and having them manufactured was mostly just a welcome diversion during lockdown but I'm really pleased with the end result. The badges fit the engine covers on the 2 litre Giulia and Stelvio; and I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Safe driving...

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Here is a good demonstration of the range of shades Misano blue offers depending on lighting. In this picture the sun is cutting through thick conifer hedging. Look at the lights spots and rear wheel arch extension vs shaded.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sorry to see what has happened to your paintwork, nightmare ;)

Being serious, it reminds me of how stunning the changes in Nuvola Blue were when the sun shone on the Alfa GTVs in that colour.

·
Registered
38,871 Posts
I collected the Stelvio from the bodyshop after a neighbour caught the rear bumper with her Golf as she got her parallel parking wrong. Nice to have it back.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Remember all those things that you think about someone driving around with an open fuel door? I lost that privilege yesterday.
I even forgot to put on the fuel cap after fuelling then took on a rather spirited drive back really long way round using calimoto routing. Only found it open this morning. Don’t see any spillage marks or debris so hopefully just evaporated some v power.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Cleaned sooty exhaust tips. Stayed completely clean for a month drinking from my local pump. Filled her up on holiday near Chichester (also vpower) and they turned filthy in two days. I hope those guys going to Goodwood track day on Friday weren’t filling up from there.
Caught early - only a wet wipe for the bulk and some ipa on a paper towel to get baked stuff out - 5min job. When I did it first time a month ago after 3 months run in, it took me 2hrs.

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Gave her a scrub.
very unsatisfying - 500 miles and three weeks and not even bug splats. Weird weather. Basically washed off some dust and blasted break dust out of the wheels. My rain water supplies are running low. I tried tap water today and spotting was awful, think will have to at least rinse with rain water.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gave her a long over due wash.
Full Autoglym treatment, Foam/Wash/Polish/protect.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Bought a tailored sunscreen from Amazon. Shipped from Wisconsin USA in 8 days. Well chuffed, it’s good quality, quite thick and fits perfectly and easily. Only held in place by the sun visors, That’ll protect my leather trimmed dashboard and avoid sun damage/fading ...if we get some :)

Reactions: RJS463

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, my first post and my first Alfa :)
My wife wanted an SUV, I wasn’t over enthusiastic
Our 2018 Stelvio is having the wheels powder coated to anthracite, rear diffuser replaced for black, V and badge grille de chromed to black, interior and exterior protection, black chrome rear badges and a tiny dent sorting out before i collect it on Saturday. It was in my short list between Audi Q5S and the Volvo XC40. I drove it for the first time for about 15 minutes and my short list instantly reduced to only one car. I have had numerous subaru prodrives and Evo FQ330 and i can hand on heart say that the Red Stelvio Milano Edizone 2L really took me by surprise in the handling, power and steering stakes. But none of my previous cars have quite made me feel the way this vehicle does and I don’t know exactly what it was but i do know i this is the longest week in the world and I can’t wait to pick it up !!
45176821-525D-46C9-94AB-91ECC5AEDB29.png

·
Registered
Stelvio QV my20
539 Posts
Sat in the car park waiting for kids activities to finish, messed around with seat position adjustments. Discovered these little sliding stops on the seatbelts that allow you to leave the buckle at whatever height you want to find it when reaching for your seatbelt. The passenger side one has a little loop of seatbelt on it to stop it rattling against b pillar but the driver’s one doesn’t as it is always done up and it reduces the bulk. How very clever. Now, it would not surprise me if I had it in every car I owned I just never cared about them enough to discover it.

had Audi sq2 (or 3? - can’t tell them apart) parked alongside me in what seemed like misano blue and also clean and detailed well. Despite it being what looks like the same paint it looks a lot better on Stelvio because all the panels are curving and bulging and present to the light source at different angles so the colour just rolls and changes across the panel and you get gloss popping where as you just see flat surfaces and ridges on an Audi - paint looks quite uniform and no gloss unless you find the exact right angle for the light to bounce. I wonder if this is to save costs or just a design philosophy.

181 - 200 of 225 Posts