Alfa Romeo Forum banner

What have you done to your Mito today?

30134 261
?
241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Wow.. R88FRG - That looks seriously tidy.. love that exhaust setup and 250 in a mito must be a wild ride !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow.. R88FRG - That looks seriously tidy.. love that exhaust setup and 250 in a mito must be a wild ride !!
Cheers manc350 👍🏻

Yeh it’s a fun ride! Probably going to look at another map soon to try get the power band down a bit, as it’s top end atm.

I ended up doing the conversion and map before the FMIC and exhaust system, in hindsight would have been better the other way around. Have gone for full 2” in the exhaust so another look at the mapping will help tidy things up 👌🏻

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
@MadMotoUK I'd be on my way to the UK right now if i had a red car to put them under :p

@R88 FRG That is a stunning looking mito, any other mods to the handling side of things beside the springs? Must be a wilde ride with that kind of power.

As for my own mito, it passed its MOT today, after getting a new wheel bearing rear right. Compared to previous years/cars, this was a positively mild bil (and on a 14 year old car running 15 mil spacers, a wheel bearing now and then is bound to need replacing), so im considering spending some more on some cool upgrades. Might get it mapped, but im not exactly convinced i'll notice much difference (mine is the 95hp model limited to 78, but the difference is only above 4800 rpm)

EDIT: i just cant get over how briliant the bronze wheels look on that red car, cant believe we dont see that more often

·
Registered
15 Posts
@MadMotoUK I'd be on my way to the UK right now if i had a red car to put them under :p

@R88 FRG That is a stunning looking mito, any other mods to the handling side of things beside the springs? Must be a wilde ride with that kind of power.

As for my own mito, it passed its MOT today, after getting a new wheel bearing rear right. Compared to previous years/cars, this was a positively mild bil (and on a 14 year old car running 15 mil spacers, a wheel bearing now and then is bound to need replacing), so im considering spending some more on some cool upgrades. Might get it mapped, but im not exactly convinced i'll notice much difference (mine is the 95hp model limited to 78, but the difference is only above 4800 rpm)

EDIT: i just cant get over how briliant the bronze wheels look on that red car, cant believe we dont see that more often
Cheers Vitorio

I thought I’d try the lowering springs on standard electronic adaptive sus, before shelling out for coilovers. The H&R are a little rough when low speeding around my awful local roads but fine at speed. People had said the H&R’s were tougher than the Eibach option, but not sure how different they are / or to coilovers.

Other than that just got spacers (16mm front, 20mm rear) and standard 7Jx17” horseshoes.

I wanted to replicate the classic 60’s Italian racers with the gold/bronze campagnolo wheels. Took some deciding between the Lambo Imola Bronze and Ferrari 430 Oro, but think the Ferrari was more fitting for the red, and plus being associated with Alfa 😉

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
@R88 FRG Cheers! My car is on Eibach springs and just 15mil spacers on the rear axle. Ride can be a bit crashy over sharp bumps and ridges, but the lack of bodyroll makes it all so much better. Im on stock non adjustable shocks though. I was kinda contemplating getting stuff like the Forge subframe braces, but somewhere in the depths of my mind, i know i wont notice any difference, and its just about being busy with the car (which isnt a bad thing mind you, just got to weight costs versus enjoyment a bit differently)

As for your car, it slipped back into my mind a couple times today. I think i can say quite easily that the only mito that would top yours is the GTA alfa never ended up building, looks and power are just excellent.

Which makes me wonder, if you wanted 60s italian race-car vibes, any interior mods beyond the sabelts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
@R88 FRG Cheers! My car is on Eibach springs and just 15mil spacers on the rear axle. Ride can be a bit crashy over sharp bumps and ridges, but the lack of bodyroll makes it all so much better. Im on stock non adjustable shocks though. I was kinda contemplating getting stuff like the Forge subframe braces, but somewhere in the depths of my mind, i know i wont notice any difference, and its just about being busy with the car (which isnt a bad thing mind you, just got to weight costs versus enjoyment a bit differently)

As for your car, it slipped back into my mind a couple times today. I think i can say quite easily that the only mito that would top yours is the GTA alfa never ended up building, looks and power are just excellent.

Which makes me wonder, if you wanted 60s italian race-car vibes, any interior mods beyond the sabelts?
Cheers Vitorio 👍🏻

Ah yes, the illusive GTA!
It has given scope to some homage efforts. I got the Cadamuro GTA side-skirts incorporated into mine.

My interior is more modern with the 7” screen in there, but got the gaiters and steering wheel done in black Alcantara to match seats. Also changed the air blowers for the Mercedes A-Class versions for a little more style.

Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Trip computer Car

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Ooh i really like those sabelts, shame they are insanely expensive and rare, but i wouldnt mind a more supportive seat.

Those merc-vents look interesting, not sure if they "fit" properly with the rest of the car, but it does look more stylish then the double-flaps.

Add some more jealousy points to your score today mate ;)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Weather too poor today to polish the hedgerow scratches form my daughters Mito so instead I removed the completely blocked scuttle drain tubes and re-fitted ensuring they avoid the alternator.

Managed to ruin the passenger side wiper by snapping the clip.. so replaced that with a nice new Bosch one.

Also took a look at the noise coming from the driver side front wheel my daughter reported last night. Now diagnosed as a shock top mount bearing as I can hear spring noise on turns and can see the spring is not snapped.. so another job for later this week along with a new pollen filter and Twinair oil strainer that I am changing as a matter of course.

Looking at the ridex part so might as well do both . Car is a late 2012 Mito Twinair Sportiva and these appear to fit the bill - RIDEX 1180S0880 Repair Kit, suspension strut Front Axle, with ball bearing ❱❱❱ price and experience (buycarparts.co.uk) but open to suggestions if anyone has a better solution.

Cheers !!

Reactions: Jpe61

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
1,527 Posts
Weather too poor today to polish the hedgerow scratches form my daughters Mito so instead I removed the completely blocked scuttle drain tubes and re-fitted ensuring they avoid the alternator.

Managed to ruin the passenger side wiper by snapping the clip.. so replaced that with a nice new Bosch one.

Also took a look at the noise coming from the driver side front wheel my daughter reported last night. Now diagnosed as a shock top mount bearing as I can hear spring noise on turns and can see the spring is not snapped.. so another job for later this week along with a new pollen filter and Twinair oil strainer that I am changing as a matter of course.

Looking at the ridex part so might as well do both . Car is a late 2012 Mito Twinair Sportiva and these appear to fit the bill - RIDEX 1180S0880 Repair Kit, suspension strut Front Axle, with ball bearing ❱❱❱ price and experience (buycarparts.co.uk) but open to suggestions if anyone has a better solution.

Cheers !!
Ridex parts are generally very poor, I used a Cortec pair and it has been fine 1 year on.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Also, the allen hole in the top of the strut didn't round but actually split open when I tried to undo the top nut, resulting in alot of hacking and swearing. I had to get a pair of new struts too.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Also, the allen hole in the top of the strut didn't round but actually split open when I tried to undo the top nut, resulting in alot of hacking and swearing. I had to get a pair of new struts too.
Thanks for the warning WantAGTA and Yikes..
I was looking at getting some spring compressors and a top mount socket / allen key tool.. might as well have the bits for future use ! By the time i factor the tools to the parts i could probably have paid to have it done, that said, I quite enjoy the faff !

Reactions: Gwegm

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Booked for a pair of new front Dunlops for my daughters.. She had new rears, of the same type, fitted by the seller when we bought it but the fronts are now at that point. I think the price for home fitting from Etyres is pretty good and is £20 less than nearest competition. I have used the same mobile fitters before and was pleased with them..

Below is the order cost etc

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Reactions: Jpe61
241 - 260 of 262 Posts